Unified storage partition on FP2?

Will the Fairphone 2 have the Unified Storage Partition as on FP1 ? On the technical specs I see there is 2 GB Ram.

We wouldn’t know the answer to this. FP themselves haven’t got the software sorted yet

However I would suggest that it will be a unified partition and just to give you the correct specs, the RAM is 2GB but the storage is 32GB

2 Likes

I just repeat my question:Will the Fairphone 2 have the Unified Storage Partition as on FP1 ? On the technical specs I see there is 2 GB Ram.

I can only repeat the answer @Chris_R gave you: The community won’t be able to answer this for you.

So please contact Support directly!

This thread is now closed.

It seems that you did not understand @Chris_R. RAM and Storage are two different things.

• The 2GB RAM define, how many apps you can run at the same time.
  • The 32GB Storage tell you, how many apps, pictures, videos and music you can store on the FP2.

After the “disaster” with FP1’s two partitions, I highly doubt that Fairphone would make such a partition layout for FP2, given the fact that also the second batch of Fairphone 1 (aka FP1U, “U” standing for “Unified”) was shipped with a unified storage layout.

But maybe @keesj can tell us for sure, please?

1 Like

The /data partition accounts for about 25GB of actual free space

1 Like

Well since moderators and admins seem to ignore me closing the topic I reopened it. Though I think all questions are answered now?

This topic was automatically closed 9 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.