I wanted to update the messenger app “Signal” on my Fairphone 2 (from version 5.32.15) to the latest version (5.39.3) but the installation is failing. I’ve tried different versions and different ways to install the app and also uninstalled the old version - but unfortunately without success. The old version was installed before I upgraded to “Android 10: Fairphone Open 22.02.0-rel.0”. Currently it is even not possible to install the old version (5.32.15) again. Therefore I think that the problem is somehow related to the new Android version. I have just upgraded to “Fairphone Open 22.04.0-rel.1” but the installation of the Signal app is still failing. Some details…
- Fairphone 2
- OS: Fairphone Open 22.04.0-rel.1; without any Google Mobile Services
What I already tried:
- installing version 5.39.3 (and all other non-beta version between 5.32.15 and 5.39.3) via Raccoon (https://raccoon.onyxbits.de/, this is how I usually install apps not available via F-Droid store) via default profile → no error messages are shown; result: no app on phone
- copied APK files of different versions (downloaded via Raccoon) to my phone and installed them → notification bubble “Fehler” (= error) is shown without any further details
- downloaded official APK from Signal >> Signal Android APK → same result (notification bubble)
- could not find any related topic here in the Fairphone Community Forum
- did a really quick web search without any promising hits
I don’t have any problems with other apps I install/update via Raccoon, Signal is the only one.
I don’t know what to do next. Signal is my main messenger app, so It’s quite important for me to get it running again as soon as possible.
Is there someone who has the same setup with Signal working? I appreciate any help, ideas etc.!
Thanks in advance