Unable to take screenshots in OpenOS 16.06

sorry, my mistake about th group name (typo :wink: myself). I edited it above

u0_a140@FP2:/ $ su
root@FP2:/ # cd /storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Screenshots
hown root:sdcard_r Screenshot_2016-07-04-06-48-16.png <
chown: sdcardd_r: invalid group name
1|root@FP2:/storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Screenshots #
chown root:sdcard_r Screenshot_2016-07-04-06-48-16.png
chown: Screenshot_2016-07-04-06-48-16.png: Permission denied1|root@FP2:/storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Screenshots #

This is totally driving me nuts if I hear “Permission denied” only one time again I’ll smash my Phone against the wall!! :angry:

Sorry, permission denied!

:wink:

I would be interested to read the permission information (the info in front of the filename), as I don’t understand why you cannot change or delete the file.

2 Likes

How can the allmighty Terminal show me that permissions?

with

ls -al

you should have more information in front of the filename.

127|root@FP2:/storage/sdcard0/Pictures/Screenshots #
ls -al Screenshot_2016-07-04-06-48-16.png
Screenshot_2016-07-04-06-48-16.png: Permission denied
IS THIS A JOKE!?

ls -al

should work, as it just lists the files, but doesn’t do anything to them. very awkward.
What came to my mind is that maybe the drive has no write permissions, although this wouldn’t make any sense with the /data partition. Anyhow, you could try

mount -o rw,remount /data

first.

If deleting as su doesnt work, after making sure the partition is mounted as rw, I have no idea how to delete that file. The only other possibility could be that your treminal does not have root rights, which I also doubt since you sucessfully managed to become rootm apparently. Nonetheless, you could check in
all apps - settings - apps - all - terminal
if at the bottom the terinal has root rights granted.

Root is granted since Android asks me everytime I type su and I accept it.

Unfortunately nothing you told me worked, but thank you very much for your Patience!!!

I am sorry this did not help to delete the file.
But given that you cannot work in that folder as su makes me think there must be something wrong ith this folder (or its permission).
So maybe you find a way to delete this folder and create it new, or maybe it is possible to change the default location where screenshots are saved, so you can get it working again.

1 Like

I FINALLY DID IT!! The App “Andro Schredder” was finally able to permanently shed this annoying piece of junk! 5***** to Andro Schredder!

4 Likes

Sorry to say that, but I just found out that Andro Schredder didn’t delete the file, it just moved it to another folder. The screenshot problem is solved, but the file stays on my phone and I have no idea of how to get rid of it :frowning:

I removed the “solution found” mark…

1 Like

Might it be an SElinux issue?

try the app “NextApp SDFix” https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix or similar app or apply the chance to /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml manually.

NextApp SDFix will modify the configuration file located at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml to allow apps to write to the MicroSD card. Specifically, SDFix will add the Android UNIX group “media_rw” to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission’s configuration. This will enable apps (only those that you granted write access permissions to when you installed them) to write files to the MicroSD card. On many devices, this is effectively reverting the state of this permission back to the way it was configured in Android 4.3. This modification is carried out by modifying the existing XML file, rather than replacing it.

After reboot you should be able to delete the file, if it is this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.