Unable to Return

Hi there, I put in a request to return my fairphone 4 - and haven’t heard anything and it has now been almost two weeks and I don’t want to miss the window to return it. I also cannot get through to the number as it says phone calls to this number are barred. Does anyone have any advice?

Don’t worry about it. I had the same thing, I requested to return the device within 14 days, but I was able to use the Fairphone 4 for 1,5 months because support was a bit slow. They have some delays at support, but they weren’t that difficult about it.

I was also able to “send back” the accessories that were delivered weeks before I received the Fairphone 4. I quote “send back”, because I actually got a reimbursed the cost of the accessories, but I didn’t have to send it back. They said that the CO2 emissions were not worth it. Quite unique way of looking at it.

What’s the reason for returning the Fairphone 4? Some issues will be fixed soon with updates, there are also some workarounds. You may check this thread for some details.

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Did you make a request by email or via the website. I notice that any time I have contacted via email I get an almost immediate response with a reference number. I haven’t tried contacting via the website.

Once you’ve had either a response or evidence that you made contact within the cooling off period 14 days or 30 days in some cases you are safe. And as UPPERCASE said you can use it, but be careful not to damage it.

Further there is the question of why you are unhappy with the phone. Even if that cannot be resolved it would be nice to hear what issues people have, so others can be forewarned.

All the best

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
do you know if “just wait” is still the correct response to this problem and “no problem if you can prove you’ve tried to contact them within the 14-day return period” still holds true?
I can’t phone FP as suggested in another thread because their lines are closed and I’m getting a bit nervous about sending my wireless ear buds back in time.

Hi welcome to the forum. It doesn’t look pretty indeed. But yes they are by law required to respond. It’s not something they can ignore. I also don’t think a law is needed for FP to force them to hold them to their promise. I think it will be alright.

2 Likes

If Fairphone have received notification from you within 14days of receipt then waiting is the issue.

Some people wait days, some months. The key is having some response that your request has been acknowledge. The other issue can you survive comfortably without, a) efficient responses and b) the finances.

Main focus is not to worry as it messes up the immune system which is far more valuable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @UPPERCASE and @anon9989719 !! That sounds reassuring :smiley:.
And yes, I can survive without both, amoun, if I know there’s going to be a response at some point and I’ll still be able to get my refund. I’ve send emails to two different customer support addresses so that should do it?! And I’m still well within the 14 days.

1 Like

Make sure you do it via this form and submit also your IMEI and add your order number: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then it will be alright, also make sure you receive the confirmation that they got your email. This is an automated email. But make sure it’s not in spam and auto deleted after a few weeks.

2 Likes

In the confirmation mail you will find a ticketnumber. This number is the proof of sending a support request.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! I actually got a reply this morning :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.