🇬🇧 🇫🇷 FP2 doesnt charge, FP2 ne charge pas

hi everyone I really need your help !

So my FP2 doesn’t charge anymore, I already read the “Troobleshoot your Fairphone 2 issue”.
i have bought a new cable which is a good quality one and it still doesn’t charge.
i also have tried to charge my phone with my computer and it doesn’t do anything.

What should i do before buying a new module ?

Hope someone can help
Thank you :))

Salut !

Mon tel ne charge plus, j’ai déjà lu “Troubleshoot your FP2 issue”. J’ai acheté un nouveau cable de bonne qualité, mais rien n’y fait. J’ai aussi essayé de chargé sur mon ordi.

qu’est-ce que je pourrais faire avant d’acheter un nouveau module ?

J’espère que quelqu’un pourra m’aider
Merci :))

If your phone is less than 2 years old and the issue is not a result of e.g. you dropping your phone, then you don’t need to buy a module but you can get it from support under warranty.

Thank you ! but it is older than 2 years and i do drop my phone sometimes… any tricks before buying a new model ?

All known tricks regarding the battery can be found in the #batteryguide. Maybe e.g. a battery reset works.

I already tried to wait 30 minutes without the battery and then charge but it did not work…

Does the small LED light stay black when you try to charge?

Yes but sometimes it does work for a few seconds and the light turns red

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. But without LineageOS but with the Origonal OS from FP.
Before updating to Android 7 I could charge the FP2 with all power supplies.
Now after the update only with a Powerbank and a power supply from IKEA. Both cables and power supplies are all intact and charge other devices without any problems.
Now after the update I connect cable and power supply and it doesn’t charge.
If I switch it off before and connect it to the power supply, it will be recognized and the charging indicator appears. But be careful, it does not charge but discharges. When I turn it on there is a flash in the battery but it is discharged instead of charged. Partly with rapid speed. Within 30 seconds from 80% to 15%. I have no idea why.

I reopened this topic and moved your post here, because it doesn’t seem related to the #lineageos tag.
Please have a look at the #batteryguide and if there’s nothing for your situation there, go through the online Troubleshooter in order to #contactsupport .

If you happen to have #fairphoneangels in your vicinity, they could perhaps help checking whether your bottom module is at fault by swapping it with another one.