Two week old fairphone 4 e/os crashed down and don't restart

Yesterday evening my fp crashed. It keeps trying to restart.
I tried safe mode but it doesn’t help. I also took several times the battery out.
ANybody some idea what I could do or try

If you have a backup of your data you may try a dic:factorydatareset

Thank you, Volker.
It is a dead link but before I look further, is it different than trying by safe mode? I don’t have the possibility there to make a data reset.
I don’t really mind to have a back up, in two weeks I had no time to gather a lot of information.

Why do you think it’s a dead link?
At least for me it leads to

which contains the topic about factory resets.

Yes, completely different. A factory reset deletes all your apps and data. Safe mode does just not start installed apps. But if there’s a problem in system data, then safe mode may still not start.

Oh thank you! Problems also with my computer for the moment. I try again.
i wonder how I can make a data reset without going trhough safe mode.
But I’ll check and hope :slight_smile:

I remember, I don’t know what to do as it tells me there are no more factory data reset topics. It is not a dead link but not offering a solution I can find easily.
I searched somewhere else for data reset but I need to use a cable and my computer won’t recognise my FP4 so had to let go the data reset option

You don’t need a PC/cable.

Following the link, ignore what’s written below and click on the topic above:

grafik

And to make it easier for you :wink: here is the link to the topic:

To sum it up:
press vol-up while starting your phone (and keep it pressed until you reach the recovery system) and select “factory reset” in the recovery menu.

1 Like

Thanks a lot you gave me the sum up but vol-up is not making any change in the booting. I waited one minute… I’m afraid I’ll have to send it back :frowning: thanks so much for your help

Ok, no problem, so try to press vol-down while booting (or you may even press power and vol-down at the same time to turn the phone on and enter “fastboot” mode, it should only take about 3-4 seconds). From the fastboot mode menu you can also change to recovery mode and do the factory reset there.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.