Trouble with fingerprint and wifi

Hi there world changers!
I just got my FP3 last saterday (28 sept 2019) and I truly love the phone. BUT… I did notice that after the first day of using the fingerprint scanner didn’t work like it should. It said I needed to clean it. But truth be told, it was as clean as can be! But oke, I cleaned it, washed my hands and even deleted my first fingerprint and set a new one just to be sure. Thing was that I couldn’t set a new one becouse the scanner was dirty… Weird right? Becouse I just cleaned an already clean scanner…

Also my FP3 has issues with connecting to WiFi…

Anyone from FP knows what to do or what this problem couses? If it can’t be resolved I am forced to send it back… with pain in my heart!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:
I don’t have a FP3 (and if I did, the first thing I’d do is to remove the sensor), but did you try to reboot or clean the cache of the fingerprint app (idk if there is an app, settings and G00gle Apps will probably do it)?

And keep in mind that this is only a Community Forum, so you won’t get any official answers from Fairphone. For that, you’d need to #contactsupport.

2 Likes

Hi there! Thank you for your awnser! Ibtries all yes… but no luck. It began as a great sencor… bit seccond day it didn’t work as good anymore.

1 Like

Hmm… In that case you could either enjoy that your phone can’t track you as much anymore (:wink:) or, if you want the sensor to be working, contact support.

1 Like

FP staff rarely show here on the community forum, for support going through the online repair tool to the support request form (at the time of writing, just click ‘Fairphone 3’ and it immediately opens up the form) is the way to go. This route gets the quickest response, but if you get stuck on some of the questions, there’s a general form here (seems to take longer overall to process than the form through the repair tool), or you can call them (+31 20 788 4400, weekdays 09:30-17:30).

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Have a great evening!

So, I did a factory reset and set the phone up as a new phone, figuring some setting was wrong, or an app messed with things. No luck. Still a partially working fingerprint sensor. Strange thing is, I then booted into safe mode and the sensor works 100% of the time.

1 Like

Oke, so it’s not just me… hmm I will contact support about this. Becouse I have 3 things at once now…

1. Trouble with wifi
  2. Fingerprint scanner
  3. Headphone jack/plug not working
1 Like

Hi, I have a FP3. No problem with fingerprint, but did have an issue with WiFi. It didn’t want to connect to my WPA2 home network. I tried everything they suggested for the old version, but nothing worked. I then changed the security (on a guest network) from WPA2-Personal to WPA-Auto-Personal and it immediately worked. It also works on public networks.

I think it is mostly when your finger is sweaty or wet that it won’t scan well… so that issue is )sort of) resolved. Still the thing with WiFi, but thanks for the tip to change these settings. And also the headphone plug doesn’t work. If plugged in, it still plays over the speakers…

1 Like

Wet/sweaty/greasy fingers are known to not work with fingerprint sensors. Also, with certain work (such as scrubbing in household) can lead to your fingerprint being temporary damaged. You could try and register multiple finger(print)s. This way, you can have a backup finger.

PS: Sorry to hear for your problems, I recommend you contact support.

1 Like

Yes, I know. But my previous phone (Nokia8) did not have so much trouble with that. But no worries, contact with support is on the way :pray:
Thanks for all of your replies guys/girls!

1 Like