English

Tried guide to install custom rom, am now stuck in corrupt device and 30s auto poweroff

Hello here,

After trying everything my skills allow me to, I’m seeking help here. I promise I took time to try on my own (for about 5h if I add yesterday), made some research… but nope, my device says it’s corrupt and will power off in 30s.
I still am able to access it via fastboot, but it cannot boot anymore, and I havce this “Youre device is corrupt” message. Selecting “Recovery mode” makes it reboot too.

I tried to follow a guide found on fairphone reddit, looking in parallel at original post on these forums to be sure I don’t make any mistake (I picked the LineageOS 16 because it was ticked green, I wanted to play safe).

I’m trying to get back to stock rom, by following the recommended script that I plan to execute manually one line at a time.
After downloading and extracted the stock rom via links provided here, I can’t find product.img, nor system.img nor vendor.img niether on A.0110 nor in A.0105.
What did I miss ?

I’m on Windows 10 but am using MobaXterm powershell (with correct path variables set to adb and fastboot executables).

I’ve exhausted all my options. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you !

You just have to press the power button to dismiss this message and for the phone to continue booting.
Whether the phone would boot successfully then is a different question.

Then it reboots and goes back to “your device software can’t be checked for corruption, please lock the bootloader” (normal behaviour since I unlocked the bootloader), then continues to boot and end up in the exact same screen starting with “your device is corrupt”. I’m stuck in a loop.

I suggest you to follow again fp3_flash_stock with the images given in the README.

I have also updated the README to add some tips. (flash twice, erase userdata and the 30 secs warning)

You should install Windows Shell for Linux on your computer or use a live USB to run the script. (If you have Git, use git bash)