Transfer WhatsApp photos from Fairphone via USB

I like to download my holiday photos I’ve taken on my lovely FP4 which is manageable from Google but I cannot figure it out on WhatsApp… Is the best way to link the FP4 first to my PC in WhatsApp then select all the photos from there (tedious)?

I thought you took the pictures, so why are they in WhatsApp and not your gallery?

Whatsapp pictures are on the following folder:
/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Media/Whatsapp Images/ for the ones you received
/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Media/Whatsapp Images/Sent/ for the ones you sent

2 Likes

Good question - I did not explain this point! These were photos exchanged with the friends I was travelling with.

And you ticked the option in WhatsApp that they are stored in your gallery?

I have looked in settings and don’t see this - I didn’t know this was an option. Can you send me a screenshot?

Thanks - but I don’t know how to access this page?

Within the file explorer.

• connect your phone to your PC with USB
  • on the phone, click on the notification “charging only” and select “file transfer”
  • on the PC, explore the FP4 files, go to the directory I mentioned and then copy all the interesting pictures :slight_smile:
4 Likes

Bingo! This is an amazing forum - you understood my question and I learnt something completely new about how to get the best out of my phone. Thanks for reading and responding so quickly and taking the time to explain how to do this :blush:

3 Likes

'So the photos I can.t access are those not taken by me. Where are they stored?

They are stored here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is fantastic - I get it now. Thank you, Fairphone :innocent: Angel

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.