Too much space on the left side of the clock in the status bar

Well, I could delete the second screenshot, but I guess, that it really shows the difference in the location of the clock.
If you still wish to get the picture deleted, just send me a pm and I will do it, as soon, as I am online again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the second screen shot should remain as per @BertG

I just don’t see the issue as a problem though. Different apps, different layout works fine for me. It’s not like the two screens are swapping a few times a second and my brain is having a problem processing.

Thank you for offering to edit my thread! But I guess it is best to keep it for the reason you mentioned. And if there should be another person that is irritated, it should be clear by reading the thread.

I guess I should decide that - as we are talking about the things I posted.

The problem is, that…

• …the position is wrong, due to the design layouts by Android.
  • …it is wasting space (people who remove the carrier are doing this for getting more space for notifications).
  • …it is already acknowledged by the Fairphone-team as a bug. And bugs usually should be fixed.

Of course, if you don’t care about it, it’s fine. If this misplacement is no problem for you: Great.
But other people would be really happy if this would be fixed, even if you don’t consider this as a problem for yourself :wink:

2 Likes

I’m afraid you didn’t get the point yet.
It’s not about different views, that are changing, but an unwanted and unnecessary blank space when switching off the name of the network provider.
For me personly, it’s not a problem at all, but I can understand, that it is not logical to save space and waste it afterwards.

2 Likes

As for being a mistake I suppose the OS when not showing the network still shows the space that would be required between it and the clock, so maybe an oversight . . . .

1 Like

Yes, looks like, it was mentioned here:

The space was added, and forgotten afterwards.

4 Likes

Here I gave an explenation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The solution is not the issue, it’s priority more likely, plus unless you or someone complains directly to Fairphone rather than this forum Fairphone may not even know of this rather trivial issue :slight_smile:

As already said before: There was a lot of communication with Fairphone about this issue; they know about it and trying to fix it.
Of course everybody here knows that bugreports should be adressed to the support of Fairphone.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.