Time to say goodbye after almost one year

Hello together,

I have sold my fp4 today after one year and want to say thankyou for your support, specially to @anon9989719 @Ingo @UPPERCASE @yvmuell @hirnsushi and everyone I have forgotten here. I have read almost every day the fp4-threads and I had the hope, that everything will be good. But for my case and after one year I am a little tired about the development of the cam quality in real live situations, in specially of the photos of my moving child. I wish you all the best, that you will have a lot of satisfaction with the fp4 and of course a good start in the new year.

13 Likes

Yes it seems a number of people have problems. I’ll have to check my daughter’s next time I see her.

All the best

1 Like

Did you test if the pictures are different with a different camera app like gcam? People reported a big difference in this

What did you bought?
A Pixel (4,5,6,7) with calyxOS or now also with IodéOS and the gcam is the best of the best in case of hardware, software, picture quality and privacy

Hi,

I don’t want to be rude and advertise other devices in the fairphone forum. But it is an insane difference when you can suddenly make calls without any problems and get compliments for beautiful photos. I got used to so much with the fp4, with a lot of good will. But the hardware is not everything and I am happy about the new phone. I have less space then before but also 7 5 years security updates.

3 Likes

Did you buy an Iphone?

No, that’s not my taste
It’s still android

There are Android devices with 7 years of security updates? Huh…

No, sorry. I have said bullshit. It’s minimum 5 years.

1 Like

I totally can relate to that. Two things make me salty about this: The hardware seems good but they can’t get the right software. It seems like there is a lot of complaining about the image quality but they don’t listen (apparently don’t even read the forum).

If the upgrade to Android 12 is not improving the picture quality I’ll switch too… the same reason, can’t take proper pictures of my child.

4 Likes

Thats def not correct. They listen and a few things were already improved. Apprently still not properly for all use cases, especially indoor and moving objects.

2 Likes

You can edit the other post etc.

I didn’t found a way to strike through the 7. Else the newer comments make no sense. Shall I still correct the 7?

1 Like

<s>wrong text</s>wrong text

3 Likes

or

<del>7</del> <ins>5</ins>

7 5

With (del) you get a nice pink background too
:tada:

4 Likes

I must say I share the frustration of the original OP.
I am traveling with my girlfriend and we have been comparing photos from her Samsung and mine. I was unpleasantly surprised how much better Samsung’s photos look like, especially around how true colors are. I tried the original camera and gcam, results were more or less the same.

3 Likes

But this compares the camera apps instead of the hardware. On my Samsung the camera app makes the colors are somewhat exaggerated and the FP4 app slightly more natural (better with GCam compared with the original app.

2 Likes

I would have thought that is clearly an app issue

I have the exact same experience. Quite odd that they advertise the camera as one of the main features and then the camera is barely better than a 300€ Samsung.

I would have thought that is clearly an app issue

Of course, that is the Samsung Camera App (I corrected my original post to make this clear)

1 Like