There's no official cradle for the FP2 so I had to improvise... using Lego!

I often use my phone to develop apps, but having it lie flat on my desk was annoying due to the reflections. Then I realised I have a pile of unused Lego. The most difficult bit was to make the USB plug fit tightly in between two bricks so that it doesn’t move when you put the phone in or take it out.

38 Likes

Now THAT is what I call modular! :+1:

8 Likes

Nice one! Can you actually orient it?
I believe the one I took 5 minutes to build isn’t quite as good as yours :wink: (it definitely isn’t)

But a least mine is not specific to any smartphone model and can be used in landscape mode :grin:
KISS philosophy! :wink:

17 Likes

Is this the “Fairphone LEGO challenge” thread of all times? Great work, @thomastc and @Alex.A!

7 Likes

You can do anything with lego. Even an external battery charger.

6 Likes

Nope, maybe in version 2 :slight_smile: It’s nice that you can just push the phone in without futzing with the cable, though.

5 Likes

How could that happen?! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Is there the option of Fair Lego, and ideally Eco Fair Lego. Now that would really be a winner!!

1 Like

I went for cardboard.
100% recyclable, not a drop of glue, supports landscape, and can be unfolded flat for easy transport! :wink:

16 Likes

Very nice, dude! But this is the LEGO thread! Go get your own CARDBOARD thread! (Just kidding…)

5 Likes

I did a version 2 of my stand:

New features

• Many less blocks and lighter… the same stand, but better
  • Foldable… watch your videos peacefully all around the world
  • Multiple inclinations possible… don’t ever break your neck anymore

Coming soon

• LEGO made sound amplifier 1

1 This feature will come with no warranty of working. Use at your own risks.

:rofl:

Mine too :wink:

9 Likes

I cut it out of the box that contained my legos, so I figured it would qualify for this thread. :yum:

9 Likes

So good you could head on over to https://ideas.lego.com/ and suggest it as a product line.

:brick::brick::brick:

Dave

1 Like

You should compile a list of bricks used for this so we can see if we have it all for a build :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.