🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Teardown backwards / Fairphone 2 wieder zusammenbauen

Dear Fairphoners,
Is there anyone in Frankfurt am Main or the Rhine-Main area who can help me put my Fairphone back together again?
Because my fairphone often goes out abruptly, I contacted the support who asked me to send photos of the inside of the Fairphone. I disassembled the phone according to the instructions, and now I can’t reassemble it. The display unit cannot be pushed back completely or does not click into place (step 5 backwards).
With thanks in advance for any help
Agnes

Please have a look if you can contact #fairphoneangels in your vicinity.

Here’s nice video about disassembling and reassembling the parts yourself …

2 Likes

@AnotherElk
Thanks for the nice YouTube. Unfortunately, just what I have a problem with (reassembling) is displayed in time-lapse, so it’s no help to me. But I’ll contact the Fairphoneangels, that’s a very good tip. Thanks again.

If you watch any video on YouTube (not embedded into a site like this one here … click on the YouTube logo below the video to watch it on YouTube), just click the cogwheel below the video there for settings, and you can set the Playback speed as low as 25% of the original :wink: .

3 Likes

once again thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hat’s denn jetzt geklappt?

Nee, leider nicht :-((
Ich weiß eigentlich, wie es gehen sollte, krieg es aber nicht hin. Irgendwie fehlt mir das Fingerspitzengefühl dafür. Die Display-Einheit rastet einfach nicht ein. Mittlerweile haben sich zwei Schalter gelockert und das Display sitzt auch nicht mehr fest im Rahmen.
Bin ziemlich entnervt. Ich möchte das Fairphone einfach benutzen und nicht daran rumbasteln.
Sorry, aber danke für die Nachfrage

Hier ist noch ein Video extra zum Display-Modul (noch mit der alten, einteiligen Hülle, aber am Umgang mit dem Display-Modul selbst hat sich nichts geändert) …

Am unteren Rand des Display-Moduls sind zwei blaue Schieber.
Damit das Display-Modul entfernt und wieder eingeschoben werden kann, müssen die beide nach innen verschoben werden bzw. sein.
Damit das Display-Modul am Ende wieder fest sitzt, müssen die beiden Schieber wieder nach außen verschoben werden, damit wird das Display fest verriegelt.

Dear all,
a Fairphone Angel from the Rhein-Main area put my Fairphone together again. He also gave me the tip to insert the battery with a piece of paper in between to fix my original problem (that the Fairphone just goes out). It seems to work. That made me very happy and solved my problems for now.
With thanks and best wishes
neska

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.