System hangs on receiving calls from apps using /e/OS

Since several weeks I have a very annoying problem: whenever someone calls me through an app (WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Signal etc.), after I pick up, my phone hangs and I have to restart it. No problems receiving calls through the traditional way, (i.e. the Phone app) however.

My Fairphone 3 runs /e/OS Android 10, and is rooted.

Any suggestions for solving this?

• you might check also on the /e/ Forum if someone has an idea or the same problem
  • you might use ADB shell top to check if you see a blocking process on an incoming call (in case the adb connection then still works)
2 Likes

Here’s a shot in the dark: are you using an SD card? And if you are, could you try removing it and then receiving an Internet call while it’s not inserted?

3 Likes

Here’s a shot in the dark: are you using an SD card? And if you are, could you try removing it and then receiving an Internet call while it’s not inserted?

Indeed I am using an SD card, and it seems like this works! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…But why?

(Will mark your answer as a solution if this is indeed permanently resolved)

Sadly, it is not resolved, I still get this issue from time to time.

Apart from the advice to use the /e/ forum the issue about SD cards may be partially explained by

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.