Support of aptX and aptX HD

Since I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere on the forum, I can confirm that Fairphone 4 supports aptX Adaptive as well.

When reading through various threads on the forum there seems to be some confusion about what codecs the Fairphone 4 actually supports. Below is a list of Bluetooth Audio Codecs and other Audio Output formats I’ve been able to personally confirm in case anyone seeks this information in the future:

List of audio codecs confirmed working and with which devices. All tests performed on Fairphone 4 software build FP4.FP3T.A.107.20220316::

• SBC: Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2, Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds
  • AAC: Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2, Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds
  • aptX audio: Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
  • aptX HD audio: Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS
  • aptX Adaptive audio: Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS

I don’t have any aptX LL (Low Latency) audio or Sony LDAC bluetooth devices to test with so I am unable to confirm or deny support for these personally. Sony LDAC appears supported as per other users in this thread:

I can also confirm that the Fairphone 4 supports USB-C native headphones like the Bang&Olufsen Beoplay Portal PC/PS, and they show up as USB-C Headphones on the phone.

Hopefully someone finds this list useful in the future.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.