Strange app on my FP3

Hi,
I bought a used FP3 that looked really well reset with Android 10. But there is a strange app for which I find no information on the web : “Vodafone” with a SIM card with parameters icon.
I can open this app and the only thing I can do is to toggle a Mobile ID tone on or off.
Anybody knows what is the use of this app? I can’t uninstall it …
Capture

Thank you !

1 Like

If you haven’t already done the whole setup of the phone, you might want to try to give your FP3 a clean re-installation of the operating system:

The previous owner probably used a Vodafone SIM and only did a simple reset. If you decide to do the manual installation, make sure to remove all cards from the device first.

4 Likes

Thank you for your quick answer.
I was happy to get to the end of a clean config without too much of Google … I guess I have to do it all over again ! :smile:
But still it is strange that I am not able to uninstall this app …

1 Like

Well, once you are at it and if you are interested in avoiding Google, you might want to consider alternative OS options like /e/OS and LineageOS.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to go through an OS re-install, just uninstall the App using ADB …

2 Likes

I really wanted to but i am prevented from it because of apps that i need in my job.

1 Like

Ok thanks, i’ll try.

I got this app too after completing the provider configuration. What mobile operator do you have?

1 Like

Most apps will run on an alternative OS too.

1 Like

Thank you all for your inputs.
I will investigate what is the best solution.
Impressed by all the relevant and quick answers here !
Thank you and enjoy your year end holidays if you have some !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.