Storage upgrader on kola nut 1.8.5

You need to click the pink button, which says “Weiter”. The actual tutorial starts here.

Ah … now I see it after scrolling down …
Maybe you can put this pink link within this text also "“Weitere Informationen findest du in diesem Artikel.” ??

I can’t do anything because the support tutorials are maintained by the Fairphone Team. I’m not an employee of FP. If you have suggestions to improve the interactive support tutorials. please direct them to Support.

Hi Stefan, well to tell you the truth, I actually had installed Kola Nut, but then did not see the possibility to do the storage upgrader, and then understood somewhere that I had to go back to Cherry, so that’s what I did. When I still didn’t see a possibiblity to get rid of the partitioning I sort of gave up, and then this conversation started. Very happy that you are helping! Am still wondering, though, if it’s best to do the upgrade first, manually, and then the storage upgrader?

A terrible disaster just happened: I installed Kola Nut, put my apps back, next step would be that the phone would restart, and then a green thing appeared with its belly open, saying ‘no command’. I now have all kind of orange possibilities, haven’t got a clue what to do, and am panicking! It says Android system recovery <3e>
And whatever I do, it keeps on saying No command.

No need to worry. This is the Recovery Mode. Probably you denied superuser access during the update process. The link above tells you how to proceed (finish the update process manually).

2 Likes

OK, just plucked up enough courage to go on. I have the Kola Nut installed, after rebooting in te recovery mode. Now that I follow the steps to install the storage upgrade, I get a warning that I’m currently on a newer version, and that I have to understand all the implications of what I’m doing if I go back. Can’t say I do, LOL, so, should I just ignore this warning and carry on, bravely?

Stefan, I can’t tell you enough how grateful I am for your patience!

1 Like

At least, you must be aware that the Storage Upgrade will erase all your data :warning:, e.g. photos, music, app settings! So a thorough backup (follow the link to get more tips) is recommended, so you can restore everything later. The default Backup & Restore app is not recommended. Better use Titanium Backup.

Careful, of course you need to do the backup to an external medium (SD card, PC)!

If you are on Fairphone OS Kola Nut 1.8.5 and choose “FAIRPHONE STORAGE UPGRADER KOLA NUT 1.8.5.”, there should be no problem with the warning that you are on a newer version. (It’s a bad labelling, I already criticized it in that post. ;))

1 Like

WOW Stefan, it worked!! Thank you very much for all of your help!

2 Likes

@Cornelia: Great! :smile:

@paulakreuzer Apparently the Storage Upgraded for 1.6 is no longer available. The Storage Upgrade can only be done from 1.8.5 anymore (see Fairphone OS Multiple Versions).