Step counter app for FP2

Has anyone found a Step Counter that works with FP2? I have tried 6, none work reliably!
Jude

Have you tried out “pedometer”?
It works IMHO reliably when using “default mode” and not power saving or hardware mode.

1 Like

Hi Volker,

I think I have tried this one before, but have just downloaded it again following your suggestion! Thank you!

Jude

1 Like

What I find important when using fitness tracking apps with the FP2 is that it seems to be sleeping deeply if you don’t wake it up. That means that if I take my phone into my pocket and go for a walk it might miss this completely in the tracking app. If at the beginning of the walk (when I’m walking already) I once press the power button so that the screen turns on for a few seconds it will capture this complete walk. The same goes for cycling or whatever sports fitness apps are able to recognize automatically. If the fitness app supports tracking a specific activity that you start manually anyway there are usually no issues because the app keeps the phone awake then.
Since I only use this kind of apps to get some money back from my health insurance it’s nice actually to be able to control which activity gets tracked, but it might be frustrating when coming back from an exhausting activity and the phone says you didn’t do anything yet today… :wink:

1 Like

That’s helpful! Thanks,
Jude

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.