Spotify alarm reverts to annoying default alarm ringtone

Hi there,

I’ve been experiencing an annoying bug where the spotify alarm would revert to the default ringtone by itself after a few days. It’s quite surprising and annoyig at 6:45am. Added to that, the default set of ringtones is awful.

Please note i put my phone in airplane mode during the night and that i have the playlist downloaded locally in Spotify.

Anyone having the same issue?

Cheers

Yes ! Me too. I’m sure it’s linked to the fact it’s on flight mode, which I get, but also have the song chosen for the alarm downloaded, so very annoying it still doesn’t work.
I have to have one of the annoying alarms on in general and wish I could have an ascending volume mode as the volume is unpleasant to wake up to. Anyone know if ascending alarm volume is an option?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

A similar issue was reported last year in the Spotify forum and was fixed in v. 8.8.14.575. Which version of the Spotify app are you running?

Use of flight mode may be related to the “Not logged in” message mentioned in that thread.

Regarding a gradual increase of volume, possibilities vary from version to version of Android. In FPOS A13 it does exist for calls (in Settings > Accessibility > Vibration and haptics > Calls) but not, seemingly, for alarms.
If you can get the Spotify alarm to work I suppose you could choose a track that starts off softly. Otherwise, with appropriate audio software, you can engineer your own track that gradually increases in volume, and add that to the list of alarm sounds, in which case you wouldn’t need Spotify.