Sound recordings on FP3

On my FP1 there was a function that allowed me to make voice recordings. I want to record myself reading some children’s stories, to give to my friend for her children. How do I do this? There does not seem to be an app for it on my FP3.

Hello!

I don’t remember that FP3 has a voice recording application by default. However, it is easy to find one in stores: I am very happy using “Audio recorder” (F-Droid), but I have also used others like “Easy Voice Recorder” (Play Store). Surely any of them will work and give you good results, even without much configuration :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you Miguel. F-Droid does look good. I tapped “Download”, and I thought I had downloaded it, but am unable to find it. Where are “downloads”? I thought it would appear as an app. I’d be really grateful for a little more help.

Janet

When downloading an app, you download an .apk file. Opening this file will let you install it. You should find the file in the “Downloads” folder in the internal storage. Though you should also receive a notification telling you it has been downloaded, you just have to tap on it.

1 Like

F-Droid is just the “app store” where you can find multiple applications to record sound. The one I recommend, “Audio recorder”, is just one of them. If you want to use that one, I made a little video where I show you how to download it, since you will also have to grant permissions to the browser to install it (I use Bromite, but you will surely use Google Chrome; however, I think the process would be almost the same :wink:).

If you can’t do it this way, try installing my other recommendation, “Easy Voice Recorder”, since it is available in Google Play (the “application store” that comes with the Fairphone 3 by default), so it will probably be much easier to install :blush:.

Good luck!

2 Likes

It worked! Many thanks, Miguel.
I’m 60+, so it’s taking a while for me to “acclimatise” to my new Fairphone.

2 Likes

I am happy to help! At first these things may seem complex, but in this forum we are all to help.

Greetings! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.