Sound problem with connected audio devices

Hi there,
since last week I have had a problem with external bluetooth speakers (I tried several different ones). They are connected and listed as connected. They have the permission to play audio files and in the settings they are also listed as active. After starting to play audio files correctly via the speakers, after a while there is, however, no sound on the external speakers but only from the phone itself (sometimes immediately, sometimes after a couple of minutes, sometimes after half an hour).
I have the latest update on my phone (the problem occured before the update but is still not fixed after the update), I restarted it several times and tried without SIM and SD-card. The sound keeps switching back and forth between speakers and phone after some time, even when the phone is not being moved around and speakers and phone are just lying on the table.
Can anybody help me with this problem? It is quite annoying because I cannot influence this weird behaviour by changing the settings in “sounds” or “Bluethooth devices” or “Connected devices”. I would be really happy if anyone could come up with a helpful idea.

This is not exactly the same but refers to the notion that wifi on 2.4GHz can interfere with bluetooth.

I note also that if I walk between the phone and speaker I can break the signal, if that is long enough it will disconnect. You may want to check you don’t have a battery saver on the bluetooth or app you are using to play audio. Settings > Battery > Battery manger

2 Likes

I found a solution. I’ve got a launcher installed on my phone which allows me to clear the cache with one tip on the button. That does it. As soon as I’ve cleared the cache, the phone plays the music via the speakers.
As I read in other posts, there might also be a bug in the latest update. People say that when they have cleared all data about formerly connected bluetooth devices it works the next time.

1 Like

For others who might be interested … Which launcher is it?

1 Like

It is called Poco Launcher.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.