Sound not working at all

I contacted support yesterday.

Pretty much any app or function that requires media does not work.
I can’t make or receive calls (‘phone’ app just crashes).
No sound at all.

Texting and WhatsApp seem OK (except WhatsApp calls).

Might try a full hard reset tonight (with no app recovery).

Performed another hard reset (this time with no app recovery) and my FP2 is still having the same problems.

Hopefully the FP2 team will actually acknowledge my correspondence soon.

@paulakreuzer, as my FP2 is now 7 months old, is it out of warranty?

Technically, warranty is 2 years (though only 1 year on the battery). The 6 months period works slightly differently - after 6 months there is no longer an automatic assumption that any defects were present when the phone was delivered, which means that the burden of proof can shift to the consumer. I’ve not heard of Fairphone being particular about warranty claims, so I wouldn’t expect them to reject the warranty claim that you’ve made unless there’s a strong reason to suspect misuse.

There’s a copy of the warranty statement here, see “Claiming your warranty” for an explanation of the 6 month period. Note the use of the word may, when mentioning a requirement of proof of defects after 6 months.

Hopefully they’ll soon get your phone sorted out!

4 Likes

How can your FP2 be 7 months old? The first FP2s were delivered in the mid of December 15, so it should in any case still be less than 6 months old.

2 Likes

Good point, possibly there’s confusion because of the ‘My fairphone for’ widget defaulting to manufacturing date rather than delivery date?

1 Like

Exactly.
I foolishly just quoted off the widget without even thinking. My FP2 was in fact delivered in late Feb, so it’s actually only just over 3 months old.

I’ve had to revert to my old Samsung S2 for now :cry:

1 Like

Do we have any sort of idea how long it takes for FP to respond to reports via the online form?

It would be nice if they actually acknowledged my correspondence.

There should be an automated response when you submit (though I seem to remember another case recently where this may not have happened), but after that it can take some weeks to get an actual response (as the support team is struggling to keep up whilst they recruit reinforcements to deal with a backlog in requests).

Yeah, I’m 99% sure I didn’t get an automated response.

Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

If you log in to your support account, you should see your ticket.

I was mistaken. I did get an automated receipt (apologies FP for doubting the system) and my issue is logged.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Update:

14 days after I submitted the support form and still no response from Fairphone addressing the issue.
:pensive:

1 Like

Hi @JCan,

you can try to call them to get an update about your ticket:
Mon & Tues 10:30 - 18:30 and Wed-Fri 9:30 - 17:30 at +31 (0)20-788 4400.

I know.
Surely that won’t bump my issue towards the front of the queue though, that wouldn’t be fair on the people ahead of me in the queue.

Update:

16 days after I submitted the support form and still no response from Fairphone addressing the issue.

You should better post your complaints about the response time of support in this topic:

1 Like

Thanks for that. Done.

Hi @JCan! Any response yet? I just got a similar problem, except that microphone works (people listen to me when I call and I hear them). Despite that, no sound at all from speakers…

Hi @masaraiva

After posting my issues on the thread above (‘Support request not answered yet’) I soon got a response.
My FP2 is currently being fixed under warranty and should be back with me this week, hopefully.

I’d echo @Irina_Spitznagel 's suggestion above, and post your issue on that thread if you haven’t already.

Cheers,
JCan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.