Some Areas of the Screen Are Dead

Hey guys,
I am having a similar issue with the FP1U. Certain areas on the display do not react if touched. It’s on its way to customer service, I will let you know about the outcome.
Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I sent my FP to repair today, so I will keep you updated as soon as I receive some feedback from the technicians.

As Flo01 said: Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Smartphone failure rates

I have exactly the same problem : the left part of the screen is dead and it didn’t fall or anything else. I will write to the support team as well and let you know.

2 Likes

Hi Alberfo,
I have the same problem than you. I have my FP1 for 4 months and it has several zones that doesn’t respond (i did the test). It has not be damaged at all and looks like the first day.
I’m a bit disappointed because of the poor gps quality and now this issue. I think about taking my friend’s old iphone… snif.

Why don’t you too just send your Fairphone to support?

Hello,
thank you for your answer.
I will, if you think it will be usefull. Can you tell me where I find
the info to do that?
thanx

Vera Bustamante

Here you go

I want to add: If this happened only after 4 months of use, you will very very probably get a reparation on warranty, in other words, you will out have to pay for it.

Hi guys!

After having sent my FP for repair, today I received a message from the Support Team confirming that it will be repaired under warranty so, for all of you who have experienced the same problem, I suggest you to contact them and follow their instructions to send your device for repair. I must say that Support Team are very friendly and helpful people.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Hi everybody

The display of my FP has been repaired under warranty. My wife already holds the “good as new” phone in her hands. I fully agree with albelfo, the support team is fast, friendly and helpful. So same advice from my side: just contact the costumer service team.

4 Likes

I can receive calls beacuse the lower part of the screen is OK, but I can’t unlock the screen because only the two lower rows in the pattern are activated. And so I can not use the phone for anything but receiving calls.
How to find out what to fix?
Is this a warranty issue or ordinary repair?
It’s a FP1U.

@hwg: I moved your post here because you are describing a similiar problem.
First you should do a Screen Test and make a Screenshot of it. If the test appears abnormal contact support.

Thank’s for moving my post.
And thnak you for screentest link.
Everything above the seven lovest squares is not responding. I will send picture to support.

2 Likes

Has anyone got a successful conclusion to the whole ‘dead screen’ issue? I have now got a dreaded dead zone and as my phone is approaching 2 years old I’m afraid that this will be costly and the end of my Fairphone days.

How did everyone get on (those who returned the phone for a fix)? Did you loose phone data? What were you charged? Any help appreciated!

In order to keep your data, you could connect a mouse via USB OTG cable and make a backup (see here for more info: Touchscreen doesn't respond).

If you still have a warranty (2 years), I guess this issue is covered. I would contact support quickly.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Parts of the touchscreen don’t work - See first post for troubleshooting

Do you have a FP1 or a FP2?

1 Like

Thanks for asking. It’s FP2. Have send a notice to the support team, with a foto of the screentest.

1 Like