[SOLVED] Fairphone 4 bad signal. Especially Upload speeds & regular calls

Fairpgone as improved over the past month on freemobile. In 4G here is the best I ever ad in internet conexion Upload, better than 0,2 mb UPLOAD !
Signal is still the worst on the market and no way to have internet when you are in a train for example !
In termes of the crown for the worst connexion I think fairphone 4 is pretty much fighting against it self at the very end of the market!
But I now believe that with some software update it can come back …the reason why I am keeping this phone until end of the year…

1 Like

Free mobile has less frequencies (especially those below 1GHz) AND 25% less base stations than Orange / 1000 less than the 2 others.

Free mobile has the worst quality of service since his launch in 2012 (official annual survey by Arcep, based on millions of tests).

Just get rid of it. I have an excellent QoS on Orange, Bouygues is very good too and SFR just below.

4 Likes

You are not the only user with these problems. I know at least two other people, who are dealing with it. I have disable voip calling and am using GSM, as nobody can understand me, and I am using vodaphone as provider. Using GSM disables internet during calls. It’s like as the beginning of this millennium. And it’s happening with the original Fairphone OS and iode.

It’s really a shame, because sustainability was the most important argument for me to buy the really expensive FP4 and I will dispose it after half an year. I had not problems before with all my phones before.

1 Like

After the December update I can confirme that Fairphone 4 is now behaving like at 2022 phone in france on the free mobile network.
I even noticed once having a better connexion than a Iphone from 2012 which never happened to me before!
This December update and then one before have been a very big leap in usability.
Even regular GSM calls have improved, I still have sometimes to deactivate the data in order for people to hear me on the other side of the call.
But is is maybe 30% of the time now…not 100% of the times !
So I am now confident that Fairphone can make this phone work exactely like any normal phone like samsung or iphone.
Only downside is that It took 12 monthes to have a working phone !!! Hopefully Fairphone will improve over time and Fairphone 5 will get basic features like GSM call and internet right out of the box.

This december update made also navigating through the phone somehow more fluide, like more FPS.
The photo app is bugging and lagging much less, its almost there. If we would have a ,night mode like pixel phones, that would be super.
Ho and GPS navigation too has improved over time, it was very bad , but not as important to me as GSM and data! But now it ticks all the checks. Bravo fairphone, finally we are there.
Looking forward for the improvements in the 4 coming years!

Can someone change the title tp [SOLVED]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.