Software updates to FP4 Camera App - When?

Reading most of the available reviews it seems the camera or camera software needs a bit more time in the oven.

Reviewers mentions that the quality of the pics should improve with updates as per Fairphone comments.

But is there any ETA on these updates? I’d like to get a Fairphone, but I do need to know first the camera experience will be up to snuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello @Kosma :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that this is a community forum. Fairphone employees only come by very infrequently. I’d reccomend you #contactsupport to ask your question directly to the company. Also, due to very high demand and the current microchip shortage, if you order a FP4 now, you will most likely not receive it it in this year (not that that’s a problem, I also waited four months for my FP2 to arrive).

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I ordered mine at the start of october and haven’t yet had it delivered. my pixel 3a died about 10 days later. I managed to borrow an old nexus 5 from a friend for necessities from home only, and am using my old Windows 10 phone ([sniff]… i miss windows phone… ) for calls and text messages until i get my FP delivered. I think the values and sustainability of the fairphone are too important for me to cancel.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

registration for extended warranty of 5 years is possible till end 2022 :wink:

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

thanks! most retailers still have it as available here to be delivered in November :slight_smile:

I know this is a community forum, but maybe someone has read some official statement about this, not a lot I could find using google it seems.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Im using my FP4 now for a couple of days and it’s true the app feels like it got to less attention.
You are able to use 48mp but you can’t use any settings than.
And the next step are 12mp.
Even the quality settings are very unintuitive.
Not very plesant to use.
Using am alternative like opencamera or the simple camera ends up in only being able to use 12mp or 8mp. So they are better but you are not able to use the full power, which is frustrating.

Anyone knows a good opensource alternative?
Or knows some insight if FP will do some development here?

As far as I know all (non-stock) camera apps use the same API so they will all not be able to access the 48mp image or the wide-angle lense as long as Fairphone devs don’t do something about it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.