Software update v1.8 temporarily postponed

You will be notified by e-mail once the new update is available and it will be pushed over the air. I currently have not timeline yet, but I expect it to be a while as everything needs to start up again after christmas and new years :wink:

Thank you for the update. It is useful to know that a possible date for release has not been announced.

I can still see it in Fairphone Updater. Shouldn’t it be taken out?

No @aexl , it’s still available if people want to upgrade but the update isn’t being pushed out to phones any longer.

Hopefully there will be news about the replacement update in the coming weeks including beta testing :wink:

What do you mean by “pushed out”? Do you mean the “install new version” button?
I’ve never updated and still am on 1.5. I get infos all the time about a new update. I guess this will not happen to someone who’s on 1.7, right?

The app checks in the background for new updates and will notify people if a new update is found. It will not notify people of the v1.8 update which is what I mean by being pushed out.

In your case, it will probably be notifying you because v1.6 is classed as the latest update and this isn’t installed.

For the time being I would suggest ignoring this until the next update is available - what’s going to be shortly v1.8.1

3 Likes

I have just received my Fairphone back after it had to be sent back for repair. Do I now upgrade to 1.8 or not? Is it still postponed or not? I’m confused.

1.6 is already installed.

I would suggest waiting for the next version right now. It should be due out shortly as a beta test to make sure everything is working before being a full release :smile:

will the next update have a patch for the webview-bug : http://thehackernews.com/2015/01/hacking-android-mobile-vulnerability.html

1 Like

Any news on the update? What’s the current timeline?

At the moment we are in the phase of beta testing.

2 Likes

hi, Is there some possibilities to repair domage of last update even if new version is in test ? I have several important bugs until I try to install 1.8. Not access to play store, bug on screen zoom which make very complicated to write some messages, vocal transcription not available, … please help !

And if users feel like joining the beta program, feel free to sign up!

Maybe these bugs are actually repaired by 1.8.x. You are having various troubles here, and I am sure, some of them have already been discussed here on the forum. So in the meantime, you could use the search function of the forum (little magnifying glass above) and research your specific problems. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Beta testing? I never got a message about that. Why?

There was no mail sent. It was only announced on the forum. But maybe you can still apply.

Well - after the “update 1.8” there was a big discussion in the forum and there I asked about a beta test which wasn’t done with this update. So I recommended to make such a beta test for the next release. But it is going on now and I doesn’t participate - that’s pretty bizarre. :confused:

Yeah, I remember that thread now. Try to apply now, maybe they still need beta testers.

Seems to be a closed group and it seems that my help is not needed. Ok, checked.

Did you send an email to the address above?