Software update: FP4.TP29.C.0101.20240121 - Big Camera Update

Same here, no crash. :man_shrugging:

I suppose you’ve already tried to delete data/cache of your camera app?

1 Like

I’ve deleted the cache yes, but not the data. I wondered if the data was linked to actual photo and video files. What ‘data’ does that actually clear?

I’m very sure that deleting data will not delete your photos!
But still - better safe than sorry - so make you sure you backup your photos and videos first (while a backup is always a good idea as a device might fail at any time…).

5 Likes

Quick update on the camera app staying black. I’ve taken the plunge to replace the camera module and it worked perfectly. So yes while I don’t agree that the app should require both cameras to work to start (please fix this), I do think this update is quite impressive speedwise. Also because my wideangle never worked I’m discovering it for the first time in 2 years! Bonus: I now have a partially working spare camera module.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same with a FP4, build number FP4.TP29.C.0101.20240121

Battery drains very fast, during the night and during the day, especially when I’m not using it.
It also gets very warm. I am afraid this is both ruining the battery and also I’m scared of an eventual melt/small explosion like we saw with Samsung a couple of years back.

This should be an emergency, imo.

I have considered that I have a malicious crypto miner inside my phone, but I don’t know how to confirm that.

@Lidwien I guess it wasn’t the cycles ahah

EDIT: I’ve opened a ticket with support

1 Like

I moved your post out of the FP5 topic

1 Like