Software update: FP4.TP20.C.087.20231225

The TP20.C.087 patch is available on my FP4 (Orange FR) since yesterday evening, I came here to see what does it break before installing itā€¦

2 Likes

Not any problem here, just some apps were re-installed (Orange et moi etc.)

Same here, except the apps reinstalled before I even started the upgrade. I guess itā€™s just a coincidence.

Added: Note for those who do the upgrade, donā€™t forget to update your Google Play System too: Play System gets new patches each month, and needs the relevant security updates to work (so now Iā€™ve got Security level 5th November, and Play System 1st November).

2 Likes

Can one of the @moderators move this conversation to the FP4 November update thread?

Yes, posts are moved.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: FP Security Updates need to be more frequent

Did anyone else have the button in notifications switch to normal case after this update? And can that be reverted back to upper case?

What do you mean exactly? Which button?

For example when you get a signal message, you have the buttons ā€œreplyā€, ā€œmark as readā€, etc. They used to be in all caps for me, now theyā€™re in normal sentence case

They were always ā€œnormalā€ case for me, so Iā€™m not sure what you had before. Maybe something got reset.

Very good und Very BIG update for the security patch and the reboot issue :). Thanks!

Does anyone know when the image installer will be available here?

1 Like

Note for all users of Orange France (and other Orange flavors?)

The recent ā€œautomatic updateā€ of a bunch of Orange apps was not just to keep them up to date: Since that day Orange App Center has taken on installing unwanted apps on my phone, and not only other Orange me-too apps, it also installed ā€œAmazon Buyā€, ā€œBooking,comā€, and a couple othersā€¦ :rage:

(Yes, Iā€™m sure about it, Android tells you where any app was installed from, and worst of all, Orangeā€™s App Center isnā€™t normally permitted to ā€œinstall apps from unknown sourcesā€ on my phoneā€¦)

:biohazard: Attention: Orangeā€™s App Center is no better than a Troyan downloader :biohazard:

3 Likes

Yes, i had booking and amazon too.

1 Like

Hi @Andy1, and welcome to Fairphone (FP) forum ! :slightly_smiling_face: :wave:

Usually FP publish one version late on their website, so we could expect it around end of January at least.
I assume they prefer to have enough user feedback before, probably for stability concerns :thinking:

To be warned about new updates, you can subscribe to softwareupdate tag. But you will also receive notifications about FP3 and FP5ā€¦ !
ā†’ In the same time, does anyone know how to be warned about new updates, only for FP4 ? :loudspeaker:

@anon64862762 or any FP employee, could you tell us when development team estimate to release December security update ? :slightly_smiling_face: Perhaps it is just my mind messing, but I suppose you are also busy to prepare Android 14 upgrade ? (I think I read something like this, but I could be wrong :face_with_spiral_eyes:)
Anyway, thanks for already done job and efforts ! :pray:

Thanks all in advance and have happy new year celebrations ! :smiling_face: :sparkler: Emmanuel

The December SPL is currently planned for the next software update on Fairphone 4, likely available in mid-January.

12 Likes

That is nice to hear. Thank you for the update - and nice to see that there seems to be a ā€œnormalā€ release cadence in the FP4ā€™s future :slight_smile:

Usual link to ota.zip, a stock boot.img and a Magisk patched boot.img in case someone needs it.

Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

In the release notes there is this:

Some issues with the homescreen functions have been solved

Since Iā€™m not using the stock launcher, anyone know or noticed what has been fixed?

Iā€™m not completely sure if it was this update or the last, but theyā€™ve fixed the ā€œwallpaper and styleā€ menu crashing if youā€™re using a live wallpaper.

Possibly related, this update behaved the same as the last one for me: no home / launcher on first post-update boot but everything okay again after another reboot.

1 Like