Software update: FP4.TP20.C.087.20231225

Hi everyone, for your information, it is time for Christmas update for FP4 ! :christmas_tree:

Here is the official FP announcement: https://twitter.com/Fairphone/status/1739254700044677602

I attached a screenshot of the release notes, as they are currently not available by now. Feel free to edit and comment :smile:

10 Likes

Hmm, how fair is it for FP employees to release an update on 25th December?

1 Like

I don‘t think, that any employee has to move a single finger for the roll out.

4 Likes

Oh my god ! Is it possible people don’t complain?

7 Likes

There’s hardly anyone on Twitter anymore, so let’s get straight to the release notes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thx for the update.

7 Likes

I wanted to check that, but this release is not yet mentioned there or at least I can’t find it.

That would be something for the employers’ fingers, but we can wait for this for one day (or even more) without problem. :wink:

3 Likes

Adobe_Express_20231225_2018120.3221750764418254

4 Likes

Hardly anyone on Twitter ? Are you taking your desires dor reality ?

Security patch level is 5th November, unfortunately.

Update went flawlessly. Will check 5G over the next days. Thank you for the Christmas gift!

1 Like

Installed without issues.

2 Likes

The update went well for me too.

Update done without any problems.

My phone still eats battery like crazy over night even with this update, sadly.

(Not that this was listed in the list of resolved issues, but still)

2 Likes

The TP20.C.087 patch is available on my FP4 (Orange FR) since yesterday evening, I came here to see what does it break before installing it…

2 Likes

Not any problem here, just some apps were re-installed (Orange et moi etc.)

Same here, except the apps reinstalled before I even started the upgrade. I guess it’s just a coincidence.

Added: Note for those who do the upgrade, don’t forget to update your Google Play System too: Play System gets new patches each month, and needs the relevant security updates to work (so now I’ve got Security level 5th November, and Play System 1st November).

2 Likes

Can one of the @moderators move this conversation to the FP4 November update thread?

Yes, posts are moved.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: FP Security Updates need to be more frequent