Software update: FP4.TP1X.C.079-20231013

Where? Which provider?

It’s Germany and in my case M-Net (O2) as provider

Update arrived, went smooth. Will post experience next days.

Installed 3 days ago, everything’s fine so far.
The adaptive brightness problem seems to be actually fixed, I’m happy.

1 Like

May I ask that anyone can provide the boot.img for this, please? Much appreciated.

I do not have an option to share my boot.,img with a wide range of users due to bandwidth limitations.
Please PM me if you have dropbox, I could share my boot.img through that to you personally.

EDIT: You could also try this FP4 Root Access is possible, maybe a bit risky - #436 by Lars_Hennig

1 Like

Hello everyone,
The update was installed without any problems. Can’t say anything negative now and I think it’s good that these little stupid bugs are fixed, like remembering the display setting. Has the problem with the incorrect reboots when 5G is activated been fixed?

No, it has not. Still happens.

1 Like

According to the Changelog that was to be expected :wink:

2 Likes

That’s probably true :D. Too bad but not dramatic, the workaround works. Maybe with the next update.

Update has been running for a few days without any problems.
The brightness problem cannot be checked at this time of year. It will probably be back in time for next summer. :roll_eyes:
I have noticed that MacroDroid background processes can no longer be removed from memory.

Since update no reboots for 26 hours, even with 5G enabled. Not yet tested while traveling by train. There are two different problems with brightness:

1. sudden dimming when exposed to sun / heat
  2. automatic adjustment too low at dark environment.

the first one should have been fixed with the previous update, the second now.

I have the same problem at Cellular Connectivity. Is very difficult to make a call, also people can’t call me.
Is possible to downgrade?

For me Calls work fine (in- and outbound). It’s just the battery usage in Standby for “Cellular Connectivity” in my case.

Good morning
I was informed of this recent update via a notification. I installed it and everything seems to work normally.

I got mine two days ago (also Deutsche Telekom).

I already got and installed it last week and I have seen no issues with it so far.

I wasn’t eligible for the big/buggy A13 update (cause Orange FR), but I got that one, a little more than a week ago.
It installed without problem (had to do something during a boring 3h train trip…) and it also updated my phone from A12 to A13.
I didn’t notice any bugs so far, everything seems to be working as expected. :astonished: :grin:

Installed a week ago, I’ve had several reboots, two of them while driving and using Magic Earth for navigation, really annoying.
Otherwise, really good.

Hi.

My FP4 is rooted. The system keeps asking me to install the FP4.TP1X.C.079 but is fails.

For rooted phones, I assume one has to manually patch boot.img each time and install manually ?

Also where can I download that image (https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/18896094650513#01HB8ZZ1BMMQNSNMFT3YXDBXA0 provides an older version) ?

Thanks