Software update: FP4.TP1V.C.073.20230905 | Upgrade to Android 13

Hmm, not necessarily. I switched my german settings to english to find the setting because I didn’t realize it was sorted under ‘system’. Search only triggers on exact matches, navigation can be performed by humans reasonably well with fuzzy-patternmatching. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This happened to me last year and only at a certain part of town. I don’t think it’s Android 13 exclusive.

Thank you so much, I wasnt aware of that and don’t know why it would change it to Digital assistant by default.

I’m waiting for the update, it’s not here yet :slight_smile:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Black Screen Issue After Android 13 Update

See Black Screen Issue After Android 13 Update, you’re not the only one.

Same over here. Still no update.
I do wonder why. :frowning:

I’d perfer that FP would suspend the deliverey of A13 for the FP4 until the cases of black screen after update are investigated. Perhaps they have already stopped it. I’m definitely not interested in having an unusable device! That would definitley be my last Fairphone due to unreliable Software.

3 Likes

As for a change, something positive about the update:

After a normal use, my phone usually had a state of charge of about 40% in the evening. After extensive use I sometimes had to recharge a little.
Now, just after 17h, it still has 70% and I used it quite normally which, I think, is pretty amazing.

4 Likes

Maybe they do a phased roll out and since some people experience issues after the update, maybe they put it on hold for now.

nope, the update first appeared for me (German Telekom) when 20 minutes ago I started a manual search.

3 Likes

It’s offered to me now too after a manual search. Unsure what to do. Will you give it a try?

I’ve got the Update… and so far, everything ist running smooth. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

absolutely no, why would you install an update now when still there’s no workaround for the black screen issue?

No problems or errors occurred after the Android 13 update. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Successfully installed A13. Seems that difficulties are related to somehow modified installations (e.g. boot loader settings). Google Play Systemupdate found updates 3 times after each other, although the timestamp remains on Aug. 1. 2023

1 Like

Just installed and running smoothly, only with the difficulties of handling a new operating system.

1 Like

Installed like 25hours ago, everything’s fine so far.

1 Like

Hi, as a quite new FP4 user i updated to Android 13. This morning something a bit strange. My wake up clock went off but i could not put it out. I tried to put the phone out then, but it was frozen in the sense that it did not react to anything. Filling in the pin code to get to settings was also not possible. The alarm kept sounding. At some point, minutes later, the phone started reacting and i could turn alarm off and reboot. For the moment things are normal, but for how long.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random reboots After android 13 update