Software update: FP4.SP2J.B.086.20230807

Just plugging in the magnetic adapter does not help, the cable is needed, even if the other part is not plugged to a charger

1 Like

I have originally posted my issue in the Ghost Input Thread, but was just redirected here, since that (hardware) issue indirectly relates to this software update, since the update does not resolve the issue but changes its symptoms. In short: The Ghost inputs have been replaced by an unresponsive touchscreen in the corresponding areas, which may cause less unwanted behaviour, but does not restore control over the phone when the issue occurs.

Here’s the Text I wrote up earlier:

1 Like

I must say I actually like the new touch sensitivity setting. For the first time ever, I’m able to scroll pages with left thumb while holding the phone in left hand! Bedore this update, it almost always resulted in zooming (as a part of the palm is touching the edge of the screen, creating a second touch point).

2 Likes

The same here.
Annoying.
For example zooming in google maps doesnt work if the phone lies on a desk or in a holder in the car.
:sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Never had problems with touch. Since the update, the screen is less responsive but useable in normal use, but, worst of all, using it with my motorcycle gloves has become hopeless which really bums me…

I have the same problem with a Fairphone 4. I have both data and wifi on and when it switches to wifi, the data disappears and I can’t enable it again. At least from the dropdown menu. To fix it I’m restarting the phone, after which it auto connects to my data network without problem. Mobile data always active is on by default it seems. Gonna update to SP2J.B.086 and hopefully it fixes it?

Hi and welcome to the community, I moved your post from the FP3 topic.

See further up: Just plug an USB cable (any cable) into your phone when you’re not holding it. The cable doesn’t need to be connected to something, just the added cable seems to be enough to restore sensitivity.
I’d say that’s one of the easier workarounds…

1 Like

J’ai également ce problème que vous signalez " l’hyper sensibilité de l’écran". A peine je touche le bord de l’écran, que une autre page s’ouvre ( page des applications enregistrées, ou raccourci vers les fonctions " : ne pas déranger, ou bluetooth,ou partage d’écran, etc.

Google translation:
I also have this problem that you point out “the hyper sensitivity of the screen”. As soon as I touch the edge of the screen, another page opens (registered applications page, or shortcut to the functions ": do not disturb, or bluetooth, or screen sharing, etc.

Regards

Dominique

1 Like

The package for manual installation of build 086 is now available in the Manual Installation support article. Thanks for your patience.

6 Likes

Since the update I have been pretty much unable to do two finger gestures. It only registers one finger and scrolls instead of zooming

Welcoem to the Fairphone community.

Please read along a little bit in this thread, for example:

@anon64862762 Thank you very much sir!
This will hopefully solve an active support request.

I had this problem yesterday for the first time. I was using the phone normally, connected to wifi. At one point the connection was closed and data connections didn’t work at all anymore. The wifi and mobile data icons disappeared, too. Only thing that helped was a reboot.

I have the developer options “Mobile data always active” disabled.

Just did the update. Previously I was not experiencing ghost touches and I have not so far seen that problem.

I can confirm a seeming reduction in sensitivity of the touch screen but in my experience so far, this is really marginal.

However, I do experience a diminished ability to zoom when the phone is horizontal (I use maps quite a lot). Very strange, since chocking the phone up just a little (y = 8° measured by a spirit level app) is enough to mask the problem.
If using on an horizontal surface, I find that for pinching, if I place one fingertip before the other, this seems to help.

1 Like

Unfortunately, even after installing the update, the ghost touches never went away for me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

As you can see further up in this topic, you’re not the only one with this problem. Contact support and we’ll arrange a repair for you.

3 Likes

Since the update, I never had ghost touches.

Hi all, I have been experiencing issues with my FP4’s touchscreen since I ran the latest update. (I can’t find a way to view which number but the notification came a few days ago). The problem expresses itself in reduced sensitivity of the screen - often when I touch it, it doesn’t react. This relates both to typing and dragging or swiping.
I am using a screen protector and haven’t had a problem before. At first I thought it’s a hardware problem and was about to remove the protector, but then I remembered that the problems emerged in the last days after the update…
Is anyone experiencing something similar and/or know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Have a look above you are not alone and it seems to happen espcially when the phone is lying somewhere and you are not holding it in a hand. So if you need to use it while not holding, put in a cable (no need to actually charge)

1 Like