Software update: FP4.SP21.B.048.20230215

The problem with the update for me is that technically it didn’t fix any of the things that users reported. There is no improvement in sight for me.

• Launcher is buggy
  • Bluetooth bug not fixed
  • Google At a Glace bug still there
  • The colors of the clock and the clock itself on the lockscreen
2 Likes

@Yasen_Tomov will this come to KPN Netherlands? Or do we need to wait more for A12?

1 Like

– If you disregard the distortion. Apparently the stock camera app corrects this, but OpenCamera doesn’t, so when using the wide angle camera all straight lines become curves… :frowning_face:

If you mean the FP4.SP21.B.048.20230215 update, it’s the one everyone left out of the initial release will/should get (AFAIK).
I was stuck on A11 and got it a couple days ago (Orange FR), so if you’re still on A11 check your settings to see if it’s there.

1 Like

Question to all those now on A12: Did your phone connect to 5G since the latest A12 upgrade?

While on A11 my phone did frequently connect to 5G, but since the upgrade it hasn’t. Now I haven’t moved those last days so I don’t know if it’s due to my carrier (something broken on the telephone mast, after all I’m in the boonies) or the phone itself. :thinking:

(And yes, “Preferred Network Type” is still “5G/4G/3G/2G”)

For the time being, KPN Netherlands is on Android 11. You will receive the upgrade as soon as it’s ready. Refer to this post for information about the reason.

6 Likes

@KurtF yes, people on KPN NL are still on A11. The update isn’t available yet.

@Yasen_Tomov thank you. I will try to be batient :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Could we have a manual minimum setting for brightness please? Now it’s definitely too dark for people with non-perfect eyes. See thread:

(To the mods: Please don’t censor this too. It’s a direct reply to a direct question of @Yasen_Tomov, so please do not remove it from here.)

No one is censoring, still the official way to report bugs is #contactsupport to ensure its not getting lost among hundreds of reports here.

Depends on how you find out if you have 5G. The system widget tells 5G:

But NetMonster tells LTE:

I’m no expert on this, and this is just a test from a single place.

By seeing what it says on top of my screen, next to the signal strength wedge.
It used to switch between 5G and 4G (depending on orientation) at this very spot I’m sitting, my phone on the desk. Since the A12 upgrade it’s firmly stuck on 4G.

Anyway, so yours (updated, I guess) does state 5G, which means it must be my local 5G network which is down. Some squirrel chewing through the cables or some such…

The Update does not solve my troubles to pair the right Libretone track air+. After pairing the left one, a message should apear to pair the right one. This is missing. The left is pairing, but I had to turn of the HD-Audio aptX setting. The reconnect when I take the left bud out of the charching box is not working. I have to go to bluethooth settings on fairphone 4 and touch on the Libretone track air+ entry. But then the left bud is working. Right one not at all.

Had some problems with the bootloader during the update which made my phone unusable.
Boot-Loop Problem

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

This was not fixed for me. When I enable HD aptX, all I hear is silence.

Nothing to do with me!!!
:wink:

P.S. - My phone also usually says “5G” in the status bar, though I haven’t looked in more detail.

Hi,
I installed the update but unfortunately it did not fix my bluetooth aptX issue.

In fact I have two bluetooth issues:

1. when I select “HD audio: Qualcomm aptX audio” with my bluetooth headset and try to play a youtube video it does not work - the youtube video (or any other media streaming) just doesn’t play - when I deactivate aptX then it works again.
  2. often (not always) now with aptX disabled, I am watching a youtube video (or any other media streaming) and somebody calls. After the call the bluetooth audio is distorted. I can fix this by disconnecting from bluetooth and reconnecting.
    This all worked fine with Android 11. I have A3909-Soundcore-Liberty-2-Pro headset if this is important:
    Bluetooth versionV 5.0
    Bluetooth frequency2402-2480 MHz
    Audio codec formatSBC, AAC, aptX
    Qualcomm® aptXTM Technical specifications
    Compression ratio: 4:1
    Word depth: Support 16bit and 24bit
    Decoding delay: Sample rate 48kHz<2ms
    Dynamic range: 16bit>92dB, 24bit>120dB
    Data rates: 352kbps
    Decode mode: Stereo

Never saw that since the upgrade. I might have to check that with Orange when I go back to civilization: I’m wondering if the upgrade didn’t alter or reset somehow my settings. :thinking:

I’ll forward your feedback to the relevant teams.
I also replied in the other topic to keep the relevant information in one place. If there’s any news about this, I’ll try to post it there.

6 Likes

The update has come to Orange F, so that’s good news.

However, the ‘missing’ stuff compared to A11 are still missing with the latest release.
From my end, comes to mind mostly missing shortcuts or icons from the too tray:

• vibrate mode does not show up in the tray. It does show up when it’s expended to show the various shortcuts, but disappears when reduced.
    – Silent mode however stays visible on both expended Ande reduce tray.

• Alarm/Clock app cannot be opened back from the tray when touching the clock. It’s bothersome, as it requires a long journey to reach the alarm app. It used to be reachable easily from the clock on the tray (in expended mode).

I hope my feedback is explicit :slight_smile:
If not, I can try to share some sceencaps.

I’d also love to be able to tune a bit more the UI and the colors of material UI, but it seems the option is not enabled in our build.

2 Likes