Software update: FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207

I like to decide myself when to update my systems (phone, PC, server). It should not be read as ā€œI donā€™t update foreverā€.

1 Like

For the next few weeks I am not at home. That is the real blocker.
I remember you described to process needed to update a rooted phone. But I couldnā€™t find your posting. Would you mind to post it again and/or pointing me into re right direction?

Thank you, is disabled. Does that prevent updates even after the 29 days period?

Still no vibration intensity option available and I still didnā€™t get a reply to the ticket that I opened on the 18th of decemberā€¦ :frowning:

The last ticket I opened said 5 to 6 working days (minimum)

Well the 18th was a Sunday so, 19, 20, 21, 22 we are only on day four. Youā€™ll be lucky to hear much this year given 24, 25 26 which are weekends and holidays etc. etc. etc. 2023

1 Like

Yeah, not being home sounds like a good reason not to mess with the system :slightly_smiling_face:

The instructions are at the bottom of this post, once you need them.
If you have problems, you can follow up over in that topic.

3 Likes

Strange, I just noticed a couple of my FP4ā€™s settings got reset after installing FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207
This, or my phone is becoming sentientā€¦

After installing FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207, settings like ā€œimmediate fingerprint unlockā€ and ā€œautomatic WiFi switchingā€ got reset to ā€œonā€. Other settings stayed put though, fortunately.

Did anybody else experience this?

Just a co-incident ~ I am just writing up on sentience and abuse but Iā€™m sure the secret is communictaion and the phone is just a vehicle for the word of Google.

Dann kann man gespannt sein die bisherigen Updates gingen reibungslos Ć¼ber die BĆ¼hne! Weiter so!:rainbow::pray:t3:

25 degrees above freezing point are indeed a good reason for not beieng at home. :smile:

Is it really that easy? The process ist safe?

That was to be expected correct :slight_smile:

But they just got back to me saying the will recognize my support/feature request for future developments!

1 Like

It is, and it hasnā€™t failed me so far, but as always, wouldnā€™t try it without backups.

The updates frequently mess up settings. I also gave up on Firefox shortcuts on the home screen. They are removed with every update. Also other settings sometimes get reset. Best is to contactsupport.

I didnā€™t notice any settings getting reset this time though. But it happens.

Sure. As long as (worst case) there is a way back if it failsā€¦

Oh no, itā€™s really just a minor annoyance.
I was just wondering if itā€™s something ā€œnormalā€, or if there was something wrong with my phone.
Now I know that after an update Iā€™ll have to check the settings, thatā€™s something I can live with (even more if there is any kind of pattern on what gets reset). Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

(BTW, FWIW, I had Firefox in one of the 5 ubiquitous bottom buttons, and it did stay put.)

1 Like

Good to know Firefox shortcuts remain now. But itā€™s not normal and to me is an indication of something that may one day cause major issues after an update. I hope theyā€™ll improve. It definitely is not something Google does. I had a Pixel for 3 years, updates went smooth and did not change any settings for me.

Thatā€™s not the point. Itā€™s a shortcut to a website, you placed on your home screen, that might disappear.

I guess itā€™s the pixel devs taking a little more time to make sure they donā€™t enforce settings which might have been changed by the userā€¦ As opposed to just throwing in the standard config files and overwriting any existing user modifications.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a link to the ota.zip if someone needs it.

No issues with the Magisk OTA update procedure, everything worked fine, as expected.

@formerFP.Com.Manager Could we please get updated factory images for this release :pray: the install script of the available ones has been broken for months now ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a link to the ota.zip if someone needs it.

Hi, do you have a pointer to get infos how to use this? I am quite new to the FP community and some additional info I would appreciated very much