Software update: FP4.FP40.A.142.20220628

As for the improvement in camera performance, does this also mean that third-party apps and custom ROMs can now access all cameras and use all resolutions?
That would be really important for all custom ROMs.

1 Like

Same here.
No other problems with the update as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I don’t notice improvements in camera speed in the native app, it still needs 0.5-1.0 sec before taking the picture. Especially in action mode this needs to be faster.

1 Like

Three issues:

• I ran into the problem where the phone stopped charging until a reboot as reported in another thread
  • Google location history is broken since the update - doesn’t record the places visited anymore
  • unable to use the still picture capture button while recording a video, no still pictures are saved

Haven’t tested the location thing you mentioned. But I can’t reproduce this one. Maybe clear the app’s data/cache? If you use an SD card for storing pictures, maybe switch that off for testing purposes.

Also, charging works fine with my phone.

1 Like

No as of right now. This relies on the sensor being exposed through the Camera2 API:

3 Likes

Nope. Nothing has changed in the Camera/Camera2 API implementation yet.

3 Likes

I really hope that you are correct in saying “yet”…

2 Likes

@formerFP.Com.Manager, do you have more information if the problem is being worked on? Can we hope for a solution in one of the next updates?
I have already contacted support about this, but the result was only something like “I’ll pass it on to the appropriate team”.

3 Likes

I think I have written that info in another thread before. I believe it Camera2 API implementation is not really “wrong”. It is just using an Android 11 feature, that exposes certain camera features only to special system apps having the SYSTEM_CAMERA permission.
https://source.android.com/devices/camera/system-cameras

That means a the wide angle camera isn’t exposed to third party apps i.e. from an app store. Also that Camera2 API test apps cannot see it for that reason. But for a camera app that comes integrated with a custom ROM is should be possible to use all features if they have that permission.

2 Likes

Hello together.
After installing this update my phone is behaving really odd.
When i turn wi-fi off it tells me i have no cell reception.
At the same time Telegram and calls still work, the other internet based apps tell me I’m offline.
Once i turn wi-fi on, and it connects my reception is suddenly back and everything works.
When i leave the wi-fi connected and leave the house i often keep the cell reception, but not always :frowning:

Support only gave me a default answer after almost two weeks that i should install the current update and so on…

Any help? Fixes? Suggestions? Should i manually downgrade?

Best regards, Emilija

I would not downgrade…did you check your APN are still correct? Does your APN is ipv6? do you have Wifi Calling enabled? What happens if you disable? Do you have VoLTE enabled, what happens if you disable? Do you have 5G enabled, what happens if you disable? What is your mobile network provider in which country?
If nothing of the above helps you can try a complete network reset.

Thanks for the fast reply!
APN seems to be set to ipv4/ipv6. Wi-fi calling is off. I don’t seem to have volte, since i cannot find it. 5G is off as well, since i still have an 4G contract.
Provider is 1&1 (Vodafone) from Germany.

VoLTE might be called 4G calling in the settings…is 5G really off, so preffered network set to 4G/3G/2G? If not I would do this.

Them I would check teh APN are correct, maybe try to reset to default using the three dots (just make a Screenshot so you have the settings).

1 Like

Setting is on 4G/3G/2G, yes.
I did reset the APN, for a moment it was working with WiFi off, but now it’s just like before. No cell reception and internet. :confused:

Update:
Seems to be working after a restart now, hopefully that fixed it!

Thanks!

1 Like

Seems we can’t get a software update without a least some problems concerning Vodafone:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Which is even more uncomfortable knowing Vodafone actually partner with Fairphone ???

1 Like

I’ve recently added an eSIM from my company provider to my already used normal SIM. In the beginning everything seems to work fine, but after going into roaming (provider for eSIM Vodafone.de) because I traveled to Austria for holiday I noticed that the eSIM does not connect anymore. I wanted to use the VF Sim only for data, the other for calls/sms. When switching back to the Telekom sim, everything works fine, when putting the VF Sim on data, both sims disconnect, no calls or internet possible.

I thought returning to Germany would fix it and there is just something up with the roaming but that was not the case, the issue is still persistent. I’m on patch a.140

Does anyone else has these problems?

As you use Vodafone Germany I moved your post here. Please try to reset APN to default in the settings-network-sim card-zugangspunkte (APN)-three dots and restart the phone

4 Likes

Thanks, this indeed now works fine, while roaming it did not. Thanks, resolved