Software Update: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27

Updates are rolled out via the networks so maybe yours is delayed due to a failed test or not being on a primary list.

Please see the note in the head post.

You may want to divulge your provider.

Funny, I hadn’t had an update since the Android 11 upgrade in April and this one popped up this morning!
My partner still hasn’t had the notification for the A11 upgrade (we both have FP3s)!
We’re both with the same provider, Telecoop, a MVNO which uses the Orange network in France.
We’ll see…

1 Like

I just feel like my username towards Fairphone. New Update and immediately no connection anymore. Only changing the SIM slot for the 1000000th time after another update works. It’s so annoying.

1 Like

Had the same but it all came back after I rebooted the phone

3 Likes

Bluetooth and performance problems are fixed for me.

5 Likes

After this update, when I try to activate the internal camera in the video mode of Nikita’s GCam mod, the application crashes (before the update it was fine). I’m not complaining: I know it’s not an official port, it has no guarantees and it’s not related to Fairphone in any way, but I’m mentioning it because it might be interesting for the team to know.

In the default camera I have no problem activating any of the cameras in any mode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just recently I noticed that after an update (also Google Play update) all my links/shortcuts on the home screen are lost. With links I mean e.g. a shortcut to the battery setting, or a link to a browser URL. Anybody does have the same issues?

That was reported frequently. Mostly when ‘Digital Wellbeing’ is active.

5 Likes

What do you mean by internal camera, there is the front and the rear ~ both external ??

The lowest minimum brightness seems to have been reduced. Thank you!!! I can finally use my phone at night without a screen dimmer app again!

6 Likes

External? Thats kind of how you see it. For me they, are internal, external would be any attachment lense e.g.

Either way, I think we can understand what is meant with the description above, please remind we are not all native EN.

1 Like

Which version do you use, did you try another one?

Do you mean the front /selfie camera is the internal ??

@Mixigodo I am using Nikita GCam version 1.8 based on Google Camera version 8.2.300.368894857.16 and have no crash in video mode. I use the default settings so no custom.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the implementation is not good. Since the brightness is not reduced consistently on the last 10-15% of the slider, it is simply an abrupt jump to dark.

We have had this poor implementation before. :neutral_face:

1 Like

On the selfie camera using Nikita 8…300 I do get crashes even after clearing the cache and storage and restarting the phone, but not using the deafult camera nor using Open camera

Me and other people in the Reddit Thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/fairphone/comments/y8ew37/no_data_after_update/) have problems with the mobile connection. Mobile Data only uses GPRS. Vodafone Germany.

Works for me, Prepaid CallYa with Vodafone Germany.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’ve looked at your [reddit] link and you can find many previous issues with Vodafone Germany in this forum.

Fo those ‘suffering’ it is not funny for sure but given the amount of times Vodaphone has had issues it’s more of a how could they noit get it wrong again rather than get it ‘right’.

Of course the further embarrasment is that Vodaphone is a stated partner with Fairphone ~ the mind boggles

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=Vodaphone

Sorry, I meant the front camera (selfie cam). As @yvmuell points out, I’m not a native English speaker, and I didn’t express myself very well.

I was using the version I linked before (NGCam_8.1.101-v1.0). After removing it and installing the one you suggest (NGCam_8.2.300-v1.8) I still have crashes when I try to activate the front camera (selfie) in video mode. But thanks anyway for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Like @anon9989719, I don’t have this problem in the default camera or in Open Camera.

1 Like