Software Update: 3.A.0132.20211027

I would contact VF and FP to see what they say

2 Likes

I got the new update today. It installed without issues. After a couple of minutes I can already tell that the most noticeable thing with the update was the fix for the brightness issue. I really appreciate that this got rolled back/fixed. I will let you know if there is anything that might not has been covered.

3 Likes

I used to have both the Caller ID-issue and the brigthness issue. I update my FP3 on KPN (NL) network to build nr. 8901.3.A.0132.20211027.

• I still have the Caller ID-issue, thus, when I call someone, they can’t see it’s me
  • I’m not sure yet about the brightness level-issue, because I find it difficult to predict when that would happen (and now perhaps doesn’t). But it hasn’t happened in the last few hours, so that’s hopeful.

About the Caller ID issue; I already tried to modify the settings via Phone App > [three vertical dots] > Settings > Calling Accounts > [Relevant SIM] > GMS Call Settings > Additional Settings > Caller ID, but whatever I choose, the issue remains.

Also, I ran across Settings > About phone, and I found that it says ‘Unknown’ about my phone number in sim slot 1 - the only one I use).

I will update you when I know more.

At least in Germany this happens, when you take over a number from one provider to another.

Reg. The unknown caller bug: I think FP was only aware of the issues in Germany, so for the NL I would strongly advise to contactsupport to let them know.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice! Somehow I thought it was a universal FP3-problem, not related to service providers :upside_down_face:, and it would go away with the general update.

I now contacted the support for it.

This is actually the reverse version of what the “unknown caller” issue so far was about. FP3 owners (with certain providers) were never able to see who called them, but from what I read, the reverse (which is what you describe) was not mentioned.

P.S.: 
 well, unless you exclusively call affected FP3 owners. :wink:

4 Likes

Confirming that the latest update did not solve the Caller-ID issue for me.

• Problem started somewhere early November, not related to a firmware update AFAIK.
  • New firmware installed as of yesterday, but no solution. Verified installed version in Settings->About phone->Build number: 8901.3.A.0132.20211027
  • Phone restart after the firmware upgrade does not help
  • Disabling ‘Enhanced 4G LTE mode’ does resolve the issue (for contacts in my address book)
  • Phone provider BEN NL (Netherlands), was not mentioned yet upthread.
2 Likes

Downloaded and installed on an FB3+, so far so good.

The fixed issue was specific to Vodafone Germany. If you didn’t contact support already, please do so, so that they are aware.

Might be worth to contact your provider to ask whether they can (re-)set this on their side.

2 Likes

Oh no, after a recent update finally fixed the brightness level so that the dimmest setting was actually dim, it looks like this new update undid that, and now movig the brightness slide all the way to the left still gives a pretty bright light like it did from the beginning of FP3 :frowning:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

Brightness issue seems to be fixed with 8901.3.A.0132.20211027
Thanks!

This change was buggy, and a lot of users had problems with screens automatically set to black.

That’s what was announced the update would do to roll back the buggy change. Further work is being done on this.

5 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realise that’s what they were doing. I wish they gave that bit of information that you’ve quoted in the OP here as well. I might have decided skip this update, as I find this brightness level really problematic :confused:

But at least I know a fix is coming! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, it was a typo*, sorry! :smiley:

Should be FP3, and will now edit it. Apologies for the mix-up :slight_smile:

[*or was it a Freudian slip? Is my subconscious telling me I want a FP4?? :stuck_out_tongue: ]

3 Likes

I have also still the unknown caller issue while being on build number 8901.3.A.0132.20211027 (Tele2 NL). It was mentioned in đŸ‡łđŸ‡± Contacten bellen als onbekend [2021]. So I thought they already knew about this problem, although I must confess I didn’t think about contacting support about it myself.

Well that must be the enhancement they mentioned in the release notes above
 :open_mouth: just kidding. Soo
 Netherland has to sit for another two months now till it gets resolved?

Am I the only one who isnt satisfied with the minimum brightness option?

I feel the last update resolved this by adding in a new darker setting, however the adaptive display function wasn’t adjusted to work with this, hence everyone’s screens going dark really easily. I switched to manual mode and it was acceptable - finally I could use my phone in the dark and not have my eyes blinded.

Now this recent update has “fixed” the adaptive issue by seemingly reverting the change and removing the minimum brightness level.

At 0% I’m back to my eyes aching while using my phone at night.

I really wish this was resolved another way, or at least included in the update notes so I could have just ignored the update.

Please give back the darker minimum brightness option and please also adjust your adaptive brightness function to work with it. It’s been fine on every other Android phone I’ve used.

I’ll happily help test it out.

3 Likes

I have the same “issue” but I’ve never experienced the “unknown caller number” (Vodafone Italy). :slight_smile:

Not seemingly.

5 Likes