Software Update: 3.A.0132.20211027

Not seemingly.

5 Likes

If you plough through the very long threads on this subject you’ll find others, including myself, in favour of a proper (much lower) minimum brightness value, this time associated with a revised table of settings for the adaptive brightness, so that, for example, what used to be 0% would be replaced by 30%. Example discussion:

Changing the table settings would avoid the adaptive brightness “bug” that the majority of people have been complaining about since 5th August.

2 Likes

Ah, my bad. I did read through a lot of the posts but there were many so I skimmed a little.

Thanks for pointing that out, at least I know it’s being worked on ^^

2 Likes

I skimmed through the replies and missed all the ones important to my question, but thank you for the clarification. I’ll eagerly await the next update in a few months ^^

3 Likes

Why is my phone still running build 3.A.0101.20210420?
How could I manually download and install an update?

Hi Alessandro,
Which is your network operator? It’s normally their business to push it out to you once they’ve approved it.

Just to be sure, check by going to Settings > System > Advanced > System update

Download links here

Tiscali.
It’s a nuisance not being able to perform an update without relying on a third party that evidently does not care.

In the Settings > System > Advanced menu I only have:

1. Reset options
  2. Multiple users
  3. Developer options

No System update entry.

Strange. Should be just after Developer options.
I updated my previous post with a link to the changelog wiki.

This is what my System screen looks like:

Nope.
Will installation of the FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0132-20211027.gms-30a0980c-user-fastbootimage.7z image erase everything on the phone?

I had the “My Fairphone” app disabled, but enabling it didn’t change anything.

Hey @formerFP.Com.Manager I think you made a typo in the numbers in your message: I have “…2021-10-27” on my phone now.

1 Like

FYI, hotspot with Vodafone DE (LTE) works with Firmware build 8901.3.A.0132.20211027

2 Likes

Thank you Littletijn, has FairPhone come back to you regadering this issue? I have ticketed the problem as well and I’ll keep you updated if I find a solution.

Yes, FairPhone did answer my ticket. They requested additional information that I have given, as far as possible.

Only thing I couldn’t try out at the moment is using another SIM card.
When I can try that out, I will contact FairPhone again with my findings.

Totally agree on this one, I would like to be able to use my phone in dark environnement without getting blind !
I would rather have no adaptive bightness and a lower minimum backlight.
At least please make it a switchable option so user can choose what they prefer :confused:

3 Likes

Hi Amoun, thanks for you answer :slight_smile:
I’m also using the dark mode, but even with it using the phone in an unlit room is a pain for the eye because of the backlight strength, I’ll the next update with a lower minimum backlight will come soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I’m wondering about too. The minimum brightness zero with the 0129 software was of no use at all for me, now everything is ok, the lowest brightness is just right for me, even if there is no surrounding light.

2 Likes

I know this won’t help you for the coming year or so, but Android 12 has a new option in the accessibility settings to dim the backlight below minimum.

2 Likes

I just received a new update to 3.A.0134 (06 Nov 2021)

1 Like