Software update: 3.A.0101.20210420

Available on EE in the UK ~ downloading now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Installed without trouble :smiley:

The only bug that really affected me was the settings suggestions notification that kept reappearing. Good to see that’s fixed now.

I’m a little curious if I notice any difference about the notifications on the lock screen. I’ve muted most notifications and have the phone in my pocket most of the time so I guess I’ll barely see the effect :wink:

5 Likes

:scream: :partying_face:

Who would’ve thought this?! Yay! Will check this and find out! :grin: Thanks! Downloading…

7 Likes

Not receive yet … Vodafone Italy.

[Edit] Update receive right now (30/04).

In my case I have this bug (rarely) with Whatsapp.

If you are referring to the low volume via the top mic(2) then the mic is still quiet. It’s a bit odd ~ the bottom mic , near the mouth when calling is very loud whereas the top mic which is nowhere near the mouth doing handsfree/video is very weak. I’m thinking of asking Fairphone support what is going on.

3 Likes

I mean hidden notification in lock screen… but thank for this feedback :slight_smile:

It’s all the notifications. Almost fell off my perch.

Now when you get a message your phone doesn’t just flash on but show you nothing. You get the proper notification flash

A me è arrivato…iliad italia

1 Like

Got it here in the Netherlands.

First impressions:

• the microphone issue during WhatsApp calls seems to be gone. Have to call more friends to be sure :slight_smile:
  • I have to test switching calls to the speaker to check if that works
  • the video quality during WhatsApp calls is also much better, so it seems.

I have to check if other chat apps work correctly but for now it looks good.

6 Likes

Hi,
installed yesterday evening from France, but I’ve no more LTE this morning, am I the only one with this issue ?
provider Prixtel with Orange network.
Thx

PS: solved with Orange support : I recreated manually the APN, not the best way but it
worked…

4 Likes

Everything fine here in NL (Vodafone)

I do have this somewhat annoying arrows on the left side of my 4G/signal icon when there is data usage. When the arrow(s) appears icons left of it are moved. It is distracting.

Is it possible to change that? Can’t find it directly in the settings menu.

The audio issue in standard calls is still there!

Please describe your issue, it might be a different one.

3 Likes

I recently got the Fairphone and set it up with my google account.
When the update came in, it seemed to fail quite quickly during the download/installation phase saying that there is an installation issue.

Below you can see a screenshot of what the message looks like. If you want/need any more detailed info then let me know.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-33PLC1XN1xOdJrMIi9_GTafDb3lz2bf/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

This may seem like too obvious of a solution, but have you tried restarting your phone and installing the update again?
From the screenshot there’s almost no info - just description of the update and saying there was a problem - so I don’t know if I can say anything else.

3 Likes

So here is what I have tried.

Shutdown and startup
Reboot
Factory reset with google account setup.
Using different wifis

The only thing I have not tried yet is to reset and try it without a google accout (if that is possible, but i dont know really)

Also are there any logs about the update process to pinpoint it down more?

Still I really appreciate the help.

Hmm, I think this is something that official Fairphone support may need to hear about, even if it will be a long time before you get a reply… this is after all just a forum for FP3 users. Maybe a power user can chime in here? I don’t have any suggestions myself.

2 Likes

Since it seems like you didn’t do much with your new phone, contacting support is a good idea (calling them usually gets faster results).

If you want to do something yourself quickly, a manual install of the OS would be an option, perhaps this would get whatever block there is out of the way …

In the Android world a factory reset only deletes user data and Apps, which causes the phone to restart the initial user setup. A factory reset doesn’t resolve problems of the OS itself.

3 Likes

That is a very good hint. I just recently started learning about installing Android OS since I originally wanted to run a newer version of Android on my Huawei P10 lite unfortunately there was the drawback of not being able to use banking apps with a custom Lineage OS rom, so I took the next best thing that would give me as much OS support as possible.