Software update: 3.A.0084.20210204

I don’t know why you’re still discussing it. :smiley:

It’s not a permanent workaround apparently, it can happen again after. Plus the workaround erases your contacts and resets some other settings, so I’m a bit hesitant to do it.

2 Likes

I still have the same problem as well. Video chat on WhatsApp and Signal have very low microphone volume. I am very dissapointed, I really thougt this update would solve it. My wife also has a Fairphone 3+ and has exactely the same problems.

2 Likes

I guess this is the same problem as I mentioned here for Jitsi video calls. I don’t use WhatsApp and Signal, but obviously this is the same audio problem.

Let’s hope it will be fixed with the next update!

3 Likes

Yes poor volume has been a reported problem, this update wasn’t set out to resolve this issue.
There are specific topics that detail more on this. Both my daughter and I had it from the beginning, in fact it’s the only reason I installed WhatsApp, to see what the problem is.

3 Likes

Just tried the workaround, didn’t work for me. :roll_eyes::sob:

1 Like

I did too, and for me it did work. Had to reconfigure my widgets afterwards, but no other unwanted effects. Did you see this post? Apparently at least one user had to go through some more steps.
Edit: the workaround also reset my default apps. No biggie.

2 Likes

Yup, did the network and dev options resets as well.

Is the Corona Warn App a known cause? I’d really rather not uninstall that…

1 Like

No, the cause is a bug in Fairphone’s OS. The Corona-Warn-App has nothing to do with WiFi. I have it installed and the workaround, erm, worked.

3 Likes

My way of triggering this issue was playing a 24-bit FLAC file. I can no longer reproduce the issue that way after applying this update :+1:

6 Likes

This is an Android-update, or? For /e/ user not insteresting.

correct?

best regards

1 Like

Yes, these official update announcements are always about the stock ROM.

5 Likes

[Imagine mandatory “/e/ is Android, too, just degoogled Android.” remark here. :wink: ]

1 Like

Yes i know - it is a fork, but not compatible with this update here. That’s what it was about me.

And ubuntu is debian… :wink:

I can confirm that the audio problems during calls are resolved.
At the receiving end I am now understood well.

8 Likes

/e/ is based on LineageOS and AOSP, arguably a fork of either of these. Android is a Google trademark, and contains proprietary parts which neither AOSP nor /e/ contain (though /e/ contains a FOSS replacement, microG). So the remark was actually accurate.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with connectivity

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Last manual install A.0084 broke my fairphone

Was told today that I am headed quiet again. Only headphones did help.
My current uptime is 105h. Will test it again today and do a reboot tomorrow.

Is this with normal calls via the dial pad not via WhatsApp or any other application?

In my case it is always for calls.

Additionally, if I use it in hands-free mode (via speaker) an echo is heared on the other end.

Also a restart didn’t help!

Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like