Software update: 3.A.0077-20201221

It depends on your provider, as the rollout is done by the network providers.
As I understand it, they test the update first, if there are problems. In case there are, the update won’t roll out, but is returned to Fairphone for fixing.

If you really want the update, it could help, to use a different SIM card from another provider (maybe from a friend). But there’s the risk, that there will be troubles, when using it with your provider.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Will this update help me with my FP3 problems:
1- Apps interfering with the calling function (no sound without hands-free kit/headphones);
2- Mobile data limitation no longer working.
I suscribed with a MVNO so I’ll be waiting some time anyway…
Thanks

I’ve created a support ticket accordingly.

Also I found out that searching for the frequency band selector in the settings will unhide it but it disappears as soon as you click on it.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the clarification.
I’m just going to wait since everything has been working fine on my fairphone.

1 Like

Strange, with Sosh network provider (= Orange, in France), I’ve always had OS updates on day 1, but not this time: still not appearing in my update page in the settings… would it be because of some issues having appeared with the update?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is WPA3 officially supported? As it does no longer work

Fixed an issue that was causing, under certain conditions, the microphone to stop working until the device was rebooted.

FP3+ updated and this issue is still here.

I wish, I would know.
I am only wild guessing here and don’t have any insider information unfortunately.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback above. I have shared this with our software team who is looking into it. I will update this thread as soon as I have more info to share.

6 Likes

Same here with EE in the UK ~ no update as yet.

How do update notification arrive? Are they pushed as an SMS message from the network? I wonder as I have most notifications off but if it’s a direct SMS then that should be OK

It’s a notification from the updater app. You can open the updater yourself to check whether it’s there.

5 Likes

Im on EE and got the update on Tuesday. It appeared when I had to restart the phone. Downloaded and installed fine. I have found it seems to not fully install correctly until I do a long press restart but since then its been grand.

3 Likes

Maybe I have to have some Google apps enabled?

I’m using the stock OS but I did nothing other than a long press and when it restarted the update notification came up. I downloaded over 4G and don’t use WiFi but I can’t see how it would make a diufference?

It could be that you need them for the notifications, did you open the updater?

2 Likes

Albert, given you are on an FP2, I am not sure if you are aware that on the FP3, there is no (visible) standalone-app “Updater”. The only way to manually check for a new update is through Settings > System > Advanced > System update (I hope my memory is right).

5 Likes

Why do I not receive the update notification on my FP3+ when I check manually for the update?
Settings > System > Advanced > System update
I am on 3.A.0066-20201119

Someone mentioned that this may be related to the carrier. But I do not have a contract with a carrier. I am using a pre-paid SIM.

Thanks: That worked, funny :slight_smile: I couldn’t find it until your directions ??? Will try it out. Thanks again

Pre-paid still uses a network i.e a carrier. Which network/carrier are you using?

5 Likes

It is a partner of E-Plus