Skype app will not work on Fairphone 2. Help!

Hi,

I use the Skype app a lot and so it was one of the first that I downloaded onto my new FP2. However, when I try to sign in via my Live account, it just pings me back to the main phone screen. I can’t sign in with my Skype account either, it just displays a ‘password incorrect’ message. I was wondering if uninstalling and reinstalling the app might fix the problem, bit of a long shot, but I don’t actually know how to uninstall the apps either. Help!!

Rosamund

Did you by any chance disable privacy impact? It is known to cause trouble if the notifications are disabled…
Check here for reference:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/misbehaving-apps-fix-is-being-worked-on-workaround-re-enable-privacy-impact/11721?u=moritz&source_topic_id=14383

1 Like

Same here, notifications are enabled, but when I try to connect to Skype it says, not possible (check the mobile network settings …). Anything else that has to be done in order to start the app? … Thanks a lot in advance

Did you try re-enabling Privacy Impact (as Moritz explained)?

[quote] Re-enable Privacy Impact by unticking the option found at:

:gb: Settings > Sound & Notifications > Privacy Impact [/quote]

Yes, doesn’t change a thing :confused:

Then it must be something different. Skype is working fine on my FP2 and I didn’t do anything special…

“Anmeldung ist z.Z. nicht möglich” (Log-in is not available at the moment, check your network settings …). Reboot done, wi-fi fine - what else could it be? Apart from the private policy thingies, done that already.
Oh, and I “ungoogled” my phone with the disabling method, but everything else seems fine so far, also the skype log in screen appears.

<3 Solved <3 The version was too old … Newest version

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.