Shortcuts disappeared after reboot

“via their screen gui” - didn’t even know this was possible! How? I always use the power button.

If the home screen is not locked hold the power button for two seconds and a screen menu appears.

Middle option :slight_smile:
PXL_20230110_215350206_1

Ah ok, I thought that’s what you meant when you said “by using the power button”.

1 Like

See my post 49 when I also encountered the problem through a restart (though from the bootloader not the OS) instead of my usual off/on. Maybe a developer could try to see what difference that makes.

Final update. Phone was stolen last month so this is a moot point for me now. I’m on to FP4.

So we FP3 owners are on our own now… :wink:

The problem seems worsened after the latest update (8901.4.A.0021.0). Some observations:

• not all shortcuts are equally sensitive to the issue; my Google maps shortcut “survives” most often, my internet shortcuts are almost always affected
  • and the shortcuts again amidst never works the first time: usually they only ‘stick’ the second time

I have disabled the digital wellbeing app, btw.

I’m wondering what you mean, ??? You think there will be no more updates to the OS ?? I’m sure there will be ?

Fairphone have just issued an update, albeit the final, for the FP2

FreekB just meant that, since el_foz had their FP3 stolen and is replacing it with an FP4, there’s one less person in the debate.

Of course there will be updates for the FP3.

2 Likes

Wow! my brain must be loosing cognitive powers quicker than I thought, as whereas I understand I didn’t and still have problems reading it like that.

Better get to bed before I loose my way completely. :cry:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.