Share your clever, smart, creative, provocative... T-Shirt slogan!

Shameless self-plug.

It shows the materials they try to buy from “better” sources (W, Au, Sn, Ta) – not their percentages … for a reason. The only “lie” is that I don’t have any information on their audits. Or if they do audits at all. Nothing was published so far. Or it was published and I missed it. The last blog I article I read was about the New Bugurama Mining Company (NBM), it did not contain audit information, it was more like a “visit”. But I know how hard it is do this right, so I don’t blame anyone.

Yes, you are right, fair can’t be quantified, and if you see it at just 10% - ok.
I see it at a much higher percentage, if I take all aspects together.
Example: I have dozens of power supplies which are redundant - completely useless, but produced and therefore resources have been wasted and the surroundings been poluted. I don’t know the amount of the different materials used, but the weight (80gr) is nearly 50% of the phones weight. The volume should give similar rates. Sure, this does not consider that in a phone most probably more of “worse” materials are used… but I guess it is not negligible. Add the increased lifecycle of the phone itself - it is more than a 10% increase. Yes, it is an estimation…

I just jumped around the internet, and I found a comparison between a TCO-labelled smartphone (indicating a “green and fair produced smartphone”) and the fairphone. A study rather than a personal estimation:

Scores . TCO Fairphone Red ..... 16 ... 5 Yellow .. 11 ... 9 Green .... 7 .. 20

Sure, as every study also this one has to be critically reviewed, but on a first glance it seems to be quite comprehensible.
And of course, a quantification of a fairness-value is not possible, since this would require a definition which of the 34 criteria are more important, and to which amount when compared to each other.
And yes, there is still a lot to do until fair is really fair.
But the Fairphone outscores the other “green and fair” phone considerably according to this
comparative study. All other phones seem to not even meet the weak TCO criteria…

Hi,
good idea, but in my eyes too long (and too much self-presenting (“talented team”)).
So I just played aorund a bit, hope you don’t mind. It is just a proposal and free for any improvement.

1 Like

I sense this is going off topic. :slight_smile: I invite you to find a discussion on the forum, which is related to this topic, or open a new topic (you can link to this one by clicking the button, which appears on the right side of a post, if you hover above it).

What about questions, that make passing by people think?

E.g.: Do I see blood on your phone?
And how fair is your phone?

Oh and I have another one: A Fairphone a day keeps the Apple away… :wink:

5 Likes

I like this one most :relieved:

I’m personally not opposed to this one. Apple once advertised their iPhone 4 with the slogan “If you don’t have an iPhone, well, you don’t have an iPhone”. There are not many brands which could put a sentence like this into a commercial without looking stupid.

In “The Dark Knight” movie, the character “Twoface” stated in one scene: “[…] chance - unbiased, unprejudiced, fair”. Though not many people might remember that line, some might actually be reminded if the Fairphone slogan was something like

“Fairphone - modular, sustainable, fair”

But even if they don’t, I personally like such a 3 word phrase to point blank mention the ideals of the project.

2 Likes

I did a little brainstorming for slogans:

-Your phone always tells you where to go… …but do you know where it came from?

-Make the right call.

-Upgrade to sustainability 2.0

-Every call I make is a wake-up call

7 Likes

That one’s good! That could be the first sentence of an image movie.

3 Likes

It might not cover all of Fairphone’s achievements, but just one:

JUST FIX IT.

(Not sure in how far people still remember the old “Just Do It” slogan and whether this would infringe on its trademark rights.)

1 Like

At least in Dresden, “Just Do It” is still a slogan since people adapted it to their football club “Dynamo Dresden” and changed it to “Just Dy it”. Unfortunately, “Just FP it” is a little hard to say. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fairphone - open since 2013

2 Likes

I like a lot the statement on the back of FP2’s chassis:

Yours to open,
yours to keep.

3 Likes

Nice, but might be misundetstood on a T-Shirt… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You mean it would be better on underwear? :wink:

2 Likes

Having recently accidentally erased my complete documents folder on my hard drive (including the most personal stuff and all that) I lost the Fairphone folder that it included, too. So I now went back to reconstructing or rather re-making my modular Fairphone lettering (all that’s left from it is what you see above) from back then all from square 1 again. Here’s the new version, more truly adhering to the original shapes (although not the sizes) and making use of both the fronts and backs of the modules. Perhaps someone’s interested. :slight_smile:

Ingredient photos and renderings by Fairphone and iFixit.

7 Likes

I like both @poyan and @urs_lesse solutions (posts 48 and 62 respectively) very much ! Would it be possible to make t-shirts with @poyan’s logo on the front and @urs_lesse’s one on the back ?

So people would first see the first logo, ask “What’s that ?”. Then we just would have to turn back, showing the customised Fairphone logo :slight_smile: Anyway, if both of you permit to download the images, I can try to make myself a t-shirt, with the appropriate paper and the iron !

1 Like

Awesome, @urs_lesse, very well done!! You are a genius, I take my hat off to you! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.