English

Shall we make a list of known battery draining apps?

batteryconsumption
appissues
battery
cpu-processor
wikimetadiscussion
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f000b328158> #<Tag:0x00007f000b328018> #<Tag:0x00007f000b323e78> #<Tag:0x00007f000b323d38> #<Tag:0x00007f000b323bf8>

Yes, I do have occasional bad cell phone reception issues as well (see Resolving bad signal / call partners don’t hear me or only interruptedly). Plus, this is consistent with the fact I reported above, that in flight mode, battery lasts much, much longer for me.

And do you still get a high percentage of “Sonstiges” while in flight mode? I never tested that.

Haven’t tested that - and probably won’t be able to do so soon, as I need my phone for being connected at the moment :wink:

…which is why I didn’t test that either. :wink:

Hey !
Just wanted to ad the Youtube app on the latest Nougat Android OS version.
It has drained +40% of the battery in just 15 min of using the app !

Going to investigate :wink:

on my phone camera is most “hangry” app, and all games

especially Pokemon Go, this game use all phone resources

You can add AccuWeather. It causes the phone to run very hot all of a sudden, once every few weeks. I have no clue what triggers it.

Do you let the camera App run endlessly in the background, or do you close it after use?

Have you compared with NewPipe [1]? It is available on F-droid.

[1] https://newpipe.schabi.org/

I’m like mobile photo and use this app all time and after snapseed

FP2 Battery Problems (drains quickly, CPU gets hot) - See batteryguide for workarounds

Leaving the camera App running was the one real battery draining thing I had on Android 6.
Now I’m using Android 8 (#lineageos) and Open Camera (Play Store / F-Droid), and leaving the camera running doesn’t drain the battery anymore, so at least this behaviour can be remedied somehow.

Oh, thank you, I’ve found Open Camera will try and geve you feedback

The app that drains the battery quickest for me is BOINC, a distributed computing app but that is hardly surprising as it can run all four cores flat out if you let it. (In practice that isn’t a good idea as the phone and or battery keep heating up and computing gets suspended. Apart from during winter I never let it use more than one core at a time.