Sending photos by text

Cannot send photographs by text message. Never worked in 2 years despite many complaints to phone coop UK

Do you have MMS included in your phone plan?

1 Like

Hi, I’m afraid I don’t know. I’m with phone-co-op U.K. don’t you get it automatically? Is that the same as ‘messenger’. I have wotsap and that doesn’t work either unless I am at home or in a WiFi cafe. I have done lots of resetting back to default etc, as advised by phone co-op but nothing seems to work.

Ok so if WhatsApp doesn’t work without WiFi I think that you don’t have any mobile data in your plan. As far as I know, MMS are sent via the internet, so it cannot work with your current contract (if you really don’t have mobile internet which I doubt, since hardly any contract in the last 10 years is without internet). Are you sure that you enabled mobile data when trying to send a WhatsApp message?

Btw I never used MMS, since it is very expensive and impracrical

Presumably this is with EE and not a business contract with o2 or Vodafone? It doesn’t fill you with confidence when support document still refers to Orange settings here:https://www.thephone.coop/Documents/Editor/Fairphone_2_Setting_up_MMS.pdf

You can get EE MMS settings by filling in details of any supported Android device here and comparing the results with yours: http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/mms

1 Like

Check the APN settings.

1 Like

thanks to all
I have some friends who are not on wotsap + don’t use their mobile for
email etc, only texts and calls.
When I look at ‘Mobile Plan’ it says ‘Phone Co-op has no known provisioning
website’ - they use BT for landline and broadband - but who knows ?
When i look at mobile network settings it says
Data roaming: - that is switched off
Preferred network type 4G recommended: - 4G is ticked
Access point names: EE Internet everywhere (that is ticked) and EE MMS
eezone … EE MMS APN eezone. Proxy not set, Port not set Username
eesecure and a password. Lots of other stuff. Is this Access Point what I
need to change? I have done this a few times under instruction from ‘phone
coop’. I will ask them again. cheers

Your EE settings are fine, have you tried sending MMS to yourself to check (must be between 76K > 300K) in size? Have received MMS on Fairphone 2 on EE with these settings from o2 UK device. Is there only one SIM in your device and in Settings > SIM cards > Mobile data is selected for it? As mentioned in earlier post if you turn off WiFi and can’t access internet in browser using EE then MMS won’t function.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.