Searching tool on home screen

Hi there,

How do I adjust my searching tool down under on my home screen to another app like Duckduckgo instead of Google? I already anabled the Google app but now the searchingtool isn’t working at all.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Pinedachisa, welcome to Fairphone forum :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I think you cannot remove the Google searching tool on home screen in Android AOSP (open source version of Android shared to constructors like Fairphone).
I read something like this in another topic, perhaps another community member could confirm ?

EDIT: just found it ! Kinda risky, I would not do this without further knowledge : Can you disable google searchbar on FP4? - #6 by Stanzi

For your information, you cannot remove date on home screen also.

Best regards, Emmanuel

Not sure what you mean there.

However you could use a different launcher, the app that gives the format and layout to the home screen etc. I use Nova Launcher but here are some others.

2 Likes

If you want to change the search engine used for the widget after the first boot you need adb and have to use those commands:

That will reset the selected search engine and prompt you again to choose one.
As far as I know there still isn’t an easier way to do it… :roll_eyes:

Oh and welcome to the community btw :wave:

That won’t the remove the widget, just changes it to a dummy placeholder that does nothing when pressed.

5 Likes

Another launcher man be an alternative

1 Like

You can’t remove the Google Widget from the home screen of your original Launcher, I think. Here, for example, is my solution: Niagara Launcher. The screenshot is from my Fairphone 3+; you can download Niagara Launcher and the Legam Icons for your FP4 from the Play Store.

1 Like