English

Sd card disapears

hello everbody.
yesterday my sd card was working as expected in my fairphone 2 android 9 (for more than 2 years now!) . But now my phone dont want to see it anymore. The sd card is working fine under windows 10. I can copy datas between computer and sd card without problem, but when I insert it in my phone it isnt recognized by android. I format it in fat32 on my computer but no change on my phone: always no sd card. I took it out and reinsert it and reboot the phone about 10 times but always unsuccesfull:The android system is unable to see the sdcard any more.
thanks for your help!

Did you find a solution in the meantime?
It might be a problem with the sd card slot on your FP2. I’d recommend you rule that out with another sd card (if you have one).

3 Likes

unfortunetly my sd card slot is always blind! I try with other sdcards from other smartphone: the result is always the same. The sdcards are working on other smartphone but not on my fairphone.

So it sounds like a problem with the connectors on the ad card slot. You might check if there’s any problem with one of the connectors. Maybe one is bent or broken or corroded.

3 Likes

My GF has the same problems with SD which started after the update to android 9.