Screen brightness in Camera App

I encountered a problem in the Camera App. When I take pictures in a horizontal way, the screen automatically darkens, so much that I cannot see the picture anymore. As soon as I turn my phone vertically, the screen lights up again.
Anyone any idea what’s causing this and how I can change this?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone community.

Do you possibly cover the ambient light sensor with your hand, when holding the phone in landscape mode?

2 Likes

I thought mine was doing that until I realised I was wearing polarising sun glasses.

4 Likes

No idea. Didn’t even know there was one. Where is this sensor located or how does it look like?

It’s the one in the middle, left to the selfie camera.

I have exactly the same problem, but only when the temperature is above a certain limit. Maybe 22 degrees Celsius.
The camera still works, but it is difficult to hit the “button”.
But it’s not a “camera problem”. The same also happens in all other applications

Now that you’re mentioning the temperature: that could be the case with mine too, indeed. I had the problem last summer, but now that it’s colder, the problem seems to have gone. Haven’t experienced the problem in other applications though.

Thanks. That doesn’t seem to be the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.