Save the date: August 27th

or a ‘leasing your FP3’ option?

Streamed live to YouTube => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5mfSD_K9fA&feature=youtu.be

What do you all think will be announced?

1 Like

@bruce
I moved your post here, since the guessing has been going on for a while.
In the first post you will find some clues. :wink:

No worries, just saw it on Reddit and haven’t seen a post regarding it in the recent posts tab.

in French, what seems a press release, issued today Monday 24 (and not the 27), describes Fairphone entering (or even leading?) a ‘Fair Cobalt Alliance’, FCA, here , also with a french paper that just seems to copy/summarize the release

1 Like

Yes, but it’s not the same thing. Check this thread:

3 Likes

A partnership with a country that has a flag with the perpendicular lines to use recycled material to create either the camera or screen for Fairphone. If I had to pick one I would say the screen.

1 Like

Fairphone has just published a video related to this in social media. As Jim Panse says on Twitter, the “zoom in” that defines the video can be the premonition of a new module or an accessory (maybe in collaboration with a big photography company) for the FP3 camera? What do you think? We’ll soon find out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Mixigodo,

Thanks for sharing, I’ve not looked at Twitter for months!

Hmm, a zoom camera? But that’s a lot of zoom for a smartphone!

And the lady on the bridge appears to be using a FP2, not FP3?

And why does the music go wonky, like the batteries have run out or there’s disappointment? Very strange choice!

I’m very intrigued, I definitely think this must be a fairly big announcement.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

PLUS

EQUALS
A very powerful and thus power-consuming zoom :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think so, there seems to be a hole in the cover for the fingerprint scanner.

Hi @chrisse,
Ah ok, i was just going by the colour…
Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a green case for FP3. I would say it’s a camera accessory case

Ah, thanks @bruce! Nice idea too! :smiley:

I would like to save the date and have a look but between 11:00 and 12:00 I´m working.
Silly, no ?

1 Like

You can watch the announcement on YouTube later on. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, later, but the “surprise” effect will be dead :sob:

A surprise is a surprise is a surprise. As I crashed the screen of my used Motorola Moto X4, a FP 3+ with 5G and a much better camera module would arrive just in time!

Attention: maybe Spoiler inside:
https://winfuture.de/

news,117852.html

6 Likes

Oh boy, can’t wait for the FairPhone 3s in 3-4 months and the Fairphone 3s+ in 6-9 months
:partying_face:

3 Likes